• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kilcif: Bugbear/Male (Barbarian/Ranger/Rogue)

Kilcif with obviously amusement, “Agreed, and that’s why you should be subtle… You should try it next time. I don’t have any extra weapons to loan you but shall we go explore with what we have?”

Serpenteye

First Post
Ki'Willis looks slightly annoyed at the news Krecil was reporting. Yyssiriryl you fool! I would have thought you were at least competent to be let out on your own. Imbecile, you knew the city was falling and yet you divided your paltry forces. Lolth damn you, you would have been a useful ally. She can't help but feel saddened by the news, wether at the loss of a valuable tool or of a potential friend she doesn't know.

A pity about Yyssiriryl, but it would seem that most of the blame for the disintegretion of Menthol Derith can not be placed on us. The attacks must already have begun even before we struck. We did not break the peace of Menthol Derith, the ruling council will realise that, and the political cost of our attack will be singnificantly lessened. The loss of Yyssiriryl is regrettable, but we have the resources to compensate for that.
Yes, Krecil. Our attack was an outstanding success, we accomplished almost everything we had intended. Our failure to capture Endur will prove inconsequential, I have a feeling we will have another chance at him if he manages to find us. That is a concern for later, we must now decide our next step.
Krecil, you wish to return to Menzoberranzan? Yes, you may, but wait a while before you depart.

We have several options of how to proceed. Straight to Headquarters via the portal in Auramycos, or take the surface road in Shadow and trough the Dodrian crypts. It would, however, be of questionable wisdom to travel straight into certain danger carrying nearly half a million in platinum bars, gems and gold, when that wealth could instead be exchanged for formidable items of magic and additional mercenaries to support our cause. If we decide to take that path the question is which city we should visit. I would like to hear your oppinions.

ooc: Thels, Ki'Willis gave Dariel the sword Yyssiriryl gave her. (the description of the sword is in one of Endur's posts before the robbery)

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Krecil responds to Matron Ki'Willis's question,

"Matron, I am not sure. The most open marketplaces in the North are Mantol Derith and Skullport. Mantol Derith is obviously not going to be available.

"I would not consider a drow city. They might not have anything useful for sale. Menzoberanzan has just suffered a revolt and Maermydrya was destroyed. I can't imagine that the drow cities of Ched Nasad or Eryndlyn are much better off.

"The closest non-drow city is Gracklstugh, but again that wouldn't work.

"Unlike Mantol Derith where Menzoberanzan has long maintained a presence, you can expect to find no allies in Skullport. If the Thieves Guild of Skullport has heard of Lolth's silence, I would expect not a moment of peace the whole time you are there.

"I would recommend that you enter and leave the city in the same hour. Be gone before the rogues realize you are there."

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
And what of the Rivvil city of Waterdeep? It would be possible for some of us to enter the city in disguise while others are hidden invisibly. Do you know wether we could find what we need there? The Red Wizards have an enclave there, no?

Last edited:

Endur

First Post

"The Surface City of Splendors has many powerful wizards and there are many items of power for sale there.

"Waterdeep has its own dangers, though. Merchants are suspicious of those who come calling at night. And the enclave of the Red Wizards is under surveilance by the most suspicious of those who serve the Paladin ruler of Waterdeep. Far better to approach the Red Wizards in Skullport.

"Going above, even in disguise, is a great risk. The sun itself is our enemy and it is hard to see when the glare of the sun is in your eyes. Not to mention that many of the magics of our race fail when exposed to sunlight."

Seonaid

Explorer
Narcelia frowns slightly at Krecil's news. That is almost too convenient. Alone here, our resources limited and our allies all dead. And Krecil not seeing any of it. We have only his testimony to go by! Where are the Illithids? She tries to shake the bad feeling, but she cannot rid herself of the idea that something is not right. [Can I Sense Motive him?]

"Matron," she says, glance sliding toward Krecil briefly, "perhaps we should see how Ched Nasad and Eryndlyn fared. If any of us survive there, surely we will be able to procure supplies, or at least find out where we can go that is remotely safe."

If Dariel still would like another weapon, she will lend him Nightchill (+2 frost longsword).

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kilcif: Bugbear/Male (Barbarian/Ranger/Rogue)

Kilcif will base his actions upon the drow’s actions. To be on the safe side he will try and isolate himself so that the Illithids will have to fronts to worry about while he mental recalls his Morningstar from his backpack.

OOC: Note the weapon will not appear to he reaches for it

Xael

First Post
As the Illlithids enter (preferably before), Quertus touches his house insignia and sends a Message to Matron, explaining the coin's functions quickly (I doubt I could word them again reasonably). "The coin's usefullness to us is questionable, as it seems I still don't know how to control it. If anyone can. I doubt we would lose much if we handed it to the Illithids, but it's your decicion, Matron Mother.", he adds after the explanation.

Quertus readies to cast Disintegrate on Master Klaxeon's companion, if Matron decides to attack.

OOC: Oh, and Quertus would have cast Detect Magic to identify rest of Sarduel's magical posessions, and removed them before the corpse is disposed. I quess that depends has the copse been disposed yet, I'm a bit confused about the timeline now.

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Narcelia, Eldest Daughter, Clr 11

When the Illithids appear, Narcelia shifts so she is facing them (probably standing in an apparently belligerent manner) and waits for the Matron to speak.

Edit: I will ready an action to do whatever the Matron says. ;)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads