• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How about a weekly character creation challenge?

Grumbleputty

Explorer
Just had a thought after visiting some weekly art challenge sites (where a challenge is issued, everyone posts their works-in-progress for crits and suggestions, then everyone posts in a finals thread and the community picks a winner). It seems like we could do a similar thing here with character design- for example, on Sunday the challenge "5th Level Dual whip-wielder" is posted, then everyone spends a week developing a character- stats, backstory, the whole nine yards. Then the finals would get posted and a poll could be created to see whose idea wins.

Is this a terrible idea? Did someone try it once before here and it ended in tears and legal action? Or would you be interested in banging out some basic rules on this thread and starting a contest?

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Contest? How about a collaborative fusion of ideas that meld into a specific something a tad special? a tad beautiful. a tad...you get my drift.

Either way, you might wish to signpost this with a special title like [MENTION=88539]LowKey[/MENTION]'s Survivor threads if you intend this to be a weekly thing.

Good Luck!

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Contest? How about a collaborative fusion of ideas that meld into a specific something a tad special? a tad beautiful. a tad...you get my drift.

Either way, you might wish to signpost this with a special title like [MENTION=88539]LowKey[/MENTION]'s Survivor threads if you intend this to be a weekly thing.

Good Luck!

Well, if you're going to get inspired by [MENTION=88539]LowKey[/MENTION]'s threads, then it is only right that the first challenge is to make your most inventive Gnomish Paladin with a Rapier. Character level 14, at least 5 levels must be paladin.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Well, if you're going to get inspired by [MENTION=88539]LowKey[/MENTION]'s threads, then it is only right that the first challenge is to make your most inventive Gnomish Paladin with a Rapier. Character level 14, at least 5 levels must be paladin.

Only 5?

Grumbleputty

Explorer
I'd love for it to be collaborative! If we follow the model of the art challenges, we'd need a thread where people can post their "work-n-progress" ideas to get feedback and suggestions from other members of the community.

I'm envisioning a scaled-down version of this: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php/81-Creature-of-the-Week

Remove ads