How can my 12th sorcerer get acid for his Acid Rain Spell?

shilsen

Adventurer
Brace Cormaeril said:
Science is a house rule.
I've been saying that for years.

Which is also why I think the most important thing is for Vahktang to talk to his DM. What his DM thinks of the spell and what he thinks of the flask of acid material component that'll determine if he can get it, not anything anyone says in this thread.

rgard

Adventurer
shilsen said:
I've been saying that for years.

Which is also why I think the most important thing is for Vahktang to talk to his DM. What his DM thinks of the spell and what he thinks of the flask of acid material component that'll determine if he can get it, not anything anyone says in this thread.

Ok, you are correct, I agree that he should talk to his DM to work it out. That said, if I was the player, I would take the examples Claudius Gaius provided when I approached the DM.

Still think Claudius won the thread! Anybody keeping track of who wins threads?

Thanks,
Rich

mvincent

Explorer
rgard said:
You win the thread!!!
Well...
1) His suggestion seems similar to the first answer in this thread (as well a few others)
2) If the spell description actually says a "flask" of acid, then it would appear to be referencing a specific piece of gear in the Goods And Services section of the PHB.
3) Terry Pratchett once wrote: "Windle shook his head sadly. Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind." -Discworld: Reaper Man ;)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Step 1: Use Energy Substitution: Acid to alter one of your other spells.

Step 1a: Learn Acid Orb or Lesser Acid Orb.

Step 2: Collect Acid afterwards.

rgard

Adventurer
mvincent said:
Well...
1) His suggestion seems similar to the first answer in this thread (as well a few others)
2) If the spell description actually says a "flask" of acid, then it would appear to be referencing a specific piece of gear in the Goods And Services section of the PHB.
3) Terry Pratchett once wrote: "Windle shook his head sadly. Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind." -Discworld: Reaper Man ;)

Sorry, I like his better.

Thanks,
Rich

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I don't have my books in front of me...isn't there a Monsterous or Aberration feat that lets you spit acid?

If not that, there is an acidic spittle power as part of the Insectile Template from Savage Species.

You might also check out DCv1's Bloodline Feats- I'm sure one would grant bonuses for Acid spells.

Tewligan

First Post
Doug McCrae said:
Sick up your own stomach acid. This has the added bonus of keeping you slim and sexy.
"Foul monsters, face my Acid Rain spell! Now, where the heck did I put that flask of puke?"

Remove ads