How can my 12th sorcerer get acid for his Acid Rain Spell?

DreamChaser

Explorer
I'm assuming in all of this discussion that you are referring to Acid Storm from the Spell Compendium. These ideas would all work great if it didn't have a GP value associated with it. Because it does, there is an assumption regarding the quality of acid (10 gp worth). Of course, if it didn't have a value associated with it, it would be in your spell component pouch automatically.

The teleport to the store idea (or use craft alchemy) options appear to be the only viable ones.

DC

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Claudius Gaius pointed the direction in his post about other acid sources.

Its an acid that has a monetary value...

Its available in almost limitless quantities anywhere living beings can be found...

Its used in tanning...

Its...

Uric acid!

:lol:

All you have to do is figure out how much volume 10gp worth actually is and carry a flask of the appropriate size! If its really big, use Shrink Item to make it portable.

Can you say "pissing up a storm?"

Shin Okada

Explorer
I also suggest you to talk to your DM. But with different approach.

Playing really big dungeon in 3.5e rule is often cause trouble, as 3.5e is assuming that PCs will sell/buy/create items (both magical ones and mundane ones) regularly. The game is balanced as such.

So, not just for your acid flasks, but for all the PC's equipment, some solution should be needed IMHO.

In my play group, it is usually done by intensive use of Planar Ally spells. If your party is L12 and have a cleric, favored soul or similar divine caster, the spell should be available. We often use those spells to, say, call a Mercane or Jinni, and ask for trade. If the first one come was not a trader, then we ask the name of easily accessible and trustworthy planer trader. Then, call that trader whenever possible.

By calling the same outsider again and again, you can even "order" a specific magic items which suit to a members of your party ("Hey, Granduaran the Mercane, please bring 20 flasks of Holy Water and +2 adamantine greatsword for trade next time", etc.) . 500XP per trade may seem a big risk. But usually, it ends up beneficial enough. And IMHO this is rather nice way to use this spell. Not broken, and useful enough.

Remove ads