How Did/Will You Name Your Kids?

reveal

Adventurer
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Wouldn't dream of it! I would really like to have our first child now, but I know that we just can't afford it time-wise. But - we're good and young and have lots of time to have babies (I want three)!

Though - my favorite thing about getting married young is the fact that *everyones* response is, "Oh... Married at 19? Do you have any children."

You want three now. Wait till you have one. ;)

I know a lot of folks who have multiple kids but one is just fine with me. :)

JimAde

First Post
It doesn't matter what you name your kids. What's important is the embarrasing nickname you can hang on them. My kids have pretty standard real names, but I invariable call them "peanut head" and "the monkey".

My daughter Karen (age 7) has recently informed me that I can continue to call her "Peanut" at home, but I should call her "Karen" in public.

Zach hasn't objected to "Monkey man" yet. :)

reveal said:
You want three now. Wait till you have one. ;)

I know a lot of folks who have multiple kids but one is just fine with me. :)
I always wanted to be an only child. My brother was born when I was 7 and I *hated* him at the time. When he was 3 months old, I got chicken pox. I snuck into his room late at night and rubbed myself on him. I'm a horrible, evil person. So - I hope to avoid hatred by leaving a little less space between them. But - I suppose - this sort of planning might just be something girls do... :)

My brother's name is Laramy. My mom wanted to name him Larry (my dad's name, grandpa's name, great grandpa's name, and on and on). My dad wanted to name him Jeremy. I suggested combining them. Hence - Laramy.

JimAde said:
It doesn't matter what you name your kids. What's important is the embarrasing nickname you can hang on them. My kids have pretty standard real names, but I invariable call them "peanut head" and "the monkey".

My daughter Karen (age 7) has recently informed me that I can continue to call her "Peanut" at home, but I should call her "Karen" in public.

Zach hasn't objected to "Monkey man" yet. :)
My dad always just called me "Princess"... hehehe... think it went to my head. ;)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
My daughter is named Lorelei Noelia. I always liked the name and the spelling is unusual.

If I have another daughter, I kind of like the name Genevieve.

Remove ads