• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do *you* find new players/DM?

Torx

First Post
Or . . . you can start a thread like this and hope someone from your area takes a peek at it.

AlphaOmega - email me at torx@hotmail.com, as I am looking for a new group/some new players in the Puget Sound area...

See! Works easy as that!

Nvvyn

First Post
Open up your own WotC gaming store! many people will come, you just invite the least stinkiest ones to the store owners game! hehehe

Fade

First Post
Very easy where I am. Our gaming club (Australian Game Wizards) has a noticeboard where people stick up notices for games they're running on the premises. Just pick one out and go talk to the DM.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
All the players I've played with have been located via word of mouth (through other friends) or via a posting at the local gaming store. Being in a bigger area helps with that. In a smaller area, I'd try to locate new gamers through local Cons. If there's just one game store in the area, that will mean that everyone will eventually have to pass through there - it may take a while, but you should be able to get players. Check the Gamers seeking Gamers board here - there might be some Kansans on these boards.

Barak

First Post
Best site I know of is..

accessdenied.org

I think it's .org, anyway, but I might be wrong. try .net if it doesn't work. It's how I found my current group, and I live in a 30,000 people town, so..

Vaxalon

First Post
I mainly recruit via announcement.

I put up a sign at the FLGS, announce here and on rec.games,.frp.announce, and use the Access Denied database (see the sig).

hong

WotC's bitch
Fade said:
Very easy where I am. Our gaming club (Australian Game Wizards) has a noticeboard where people stick up notices for games they're running on the premises. Just pick one out and go talk to the DM.

Ah. Which part of Austria is this club located at?

Hong "from small-town Sydney" Ooi

ninjajester

First Post
i just started a new group. i had two players already, my wife and my best friend. i needed at least two more. one of the new players came from the gamers seeking gamers board, and he seems to be fitting in pretty well. the other new player came from work, where i approached people who i knew played crpg's, wrote fiction, or even read the same type of books i do. he's also fitting in pretty well.

i was always too scared to approach the games at my local gaming store. they were all played in the back room, from which you would occasionally hear whiny arguing. it seemed very clannish, too...

and if you work from home and don't have many friends, set up some weekly socializing or something. sign up for art classes or karate or ball room dancing or even a sci fi/fantasy reading club. you've got to get outside every now and then... once you get to know and like a few people, ask them if they're interested.

malichai

First Post
I'm unfamiliar with the acronym FLGS?

Suggestions to leave the house socializing? *shivers* Man, the whole point of financial freedom was so I wouldn't have to do that sort've thing anymore. Though admittedly, I do sort've miss the socialization of working in a big compnay.

Regardless, thanks. The accessdenied deal has a few prospects in Lawrence and Kansas City that I can contact. I really appreciate all of the suggestions and assistance. I would've appreciated even MORE if there were some local players reading this thread, but I'll take what I can get. :)

Remove ads