• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you like your halflings best?

How do you like halflings

• Hobbitty and Tolkienesque

Votes: 111 46.1%
  • D&D 3.X mini-elves

Votes: 46 19.1%
  • Feral Athasian cannibals

Votes: 34 14.1%
  • Devoured whole by a bulette

Votes: 50 20.7%

jeffh

Adventurer
It's odd, in a D&D context, not to give Kender as an option, and mildly disappointing not to mention Faen. I would have picked the latter had it been an option, but as it was, I went with... devoured whole by a bulette.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
I like the present gypsy-esque wanderer halflings best, though the Athasian halflings are fun in their own ways. I feel the present versions actually have more of a reason to actually be adventuring than the tolkienesque homebodies of yore.

I haven't had any experience with the Eberron halflings, but they do sound cool.

Sketchpad

Explorer
I use the Hobbit-like halflings and the elf-wannabes in my Eberron campaign. The dino riding halflings are the skinny ones, while the town-wandering ones are the hairfeet.

Hobbits are furry feeted little round bellies - the kenderesque nancy boys in 3.5 need to have their spleens removed, as do kender...

I HATE kender. They should be feed to a bullette, prefereably to be eaten alive and in as painful a way as possible, or roasting on a spit with a lemon sauce and basil garnish.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Thunderfoot said:
I HATE kender. They should be feed to a bullette, prefereably to be eaten alive and in as painful a way as possible, or roasting on a spit with a lemon sauce and basil garnish.

What's wrong? Have you been misplacing things again? :D ;)

Remove ads