• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Do You Scan These Threads?

How Do You Usually Scan these Threads?

• I start at the top and click on every one.

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • I usually just skim the first page.

Votes: 107 51.0%
  • I skim the first two pages.

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • I skim the first three pages.

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • I only check out threads I've started.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only check out threads to which I've subscribed.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I make sure I read threads started by certain people.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I read most of the threads that are about a certain topic.

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • I start somewhere else, like page 5, and jump around.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 8.1%

Li Shenron

Legend
maggot said:
I skim the titles of those threads that have been updated since the last time I visited.

This for me, and usually it means either 1 or 2 pages. When i re-connect too soon, i start checking some of the threads which I dismissed last time and are still on page 1.

xrpsuzi

First Post
Other.

In the General Forum, I scan things that have been posted in the last day or the day before (starting with the front page but depending on the talking, it can go back a couple of pages). I also visit Publisher's Forum for news/press releases, story hour, off-topic, the OGL games forum, well, all over really. :)

I don't subscribe to threads, but I do watch for new posts in threads that I've read over or posted in.

-Suzi

crazy_cat

Adventurer
I usually just skim the first page.

Although additionally, if there is a particular thread I've been following and it has dropped off the front page I'll go and find it.

I also visit the D20 Modern/OGL forum on a regular basis.

Thanee

First Post
Voted 'skim the first two pages'.

I don't subscribe any threads. I just read the topic subjects up to the point where they are new (usually the first 1-2 pages, hence the vote), then open very few of those, either if they are something I have already posted in, or if the topic sounds interesting or fun or something where I think I can add something useful (or not so useful ;)).

Bye
Thanee

Beckett

Explorer
maggot said:
I skim the titles of those threads that have been updated since the last time I visited. This is usually the first page for General, but often it can be two or three pages. I read those threads I think I might be intested in, but leave when I figure it isn't what I'm looking for which could be anywhere from one post to the end of the multi-page thread.

I voted skim the first page, but this is the better explanation I do (and mostly I just look at General RPG and Rules).

Remove ads