How is Palladium doing?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
crazypixie said:
Wow, a Palladium rep on enworld. That's...saying something. I've played Palladium games in the past, though I don't currently and have kept up with the company's problems of late. Is this post here on enworld a fluke or the beginning of a fuller net presence on behalf of the company? Just curious.

Quentin
We've had threads discussing Palladium in the past. It involves the industry, so even non-fans are interested in such discussions.

Myself, I'm glad to see they're still kicking!

GAAAHHH

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
We've had threads discussing Palladium in the past. It involves the industry, so even non-fans are interested in such discussions.

Myself, I'm glad to see they're still kicking!

Me too. About 2/3 of my Palladium collection and the "collectible" poster sketch was bought because I wanted to support the company.

Of course, then I lost my job so I can't do much of that for awhile. :(

rgard

Adventurer
Umbran said:

Perhaps some folks in here have forgotten that the Mods have had a hard week, and are apt to hand out three-day vacations without warning.

It really is simple - play nice, or don't play. Don't threadcrap when patience is thin, folks. If you have a problem with this, please take it up in e-mail.

Sent you one, thanks.

tadk

Explorer
with the loss of Dragon and Dungeon, money wise you get a ton of stuff from the Rifter, which I get every issue of. At least someone has stuff coming out right.

Down to like 4 hardcopy mags far as I can tell and Palladium has one of them. Why pick on them if you dont like the system.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Palladium/RIFTS currently takes up more shelf space on my RPG bookcases than anything except D&D (all editions) and HERO. Love the settings & fluff...the system? Not so much.

While I think the Palladium/RIFTS game system could be greatly improved by either a complete overhaul and/or a version compatible with some other major game system (D20, GURPS or HERO), I'm glad to see they're still around.

I had fun playing the Palladium FRPG, back in the day (before RIFTS). That was a game I only played -- never GM'd, which is very unusual for me. That's probably part of the reason I have such fond memories of it: I got to play a long-term PC.

Can't say I liked TMNT or Rifts. Tried Ninjas & Superspies, but it never caught on, either. Pretty cool art in all the Palladium books, though.

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
Rifts is probably my fourth favorite system (behind d20, Deadlands, and WEG's Star Wars), and was the system I started with. I really like the setting, however, probably tied with FR and Eberron for favorite setting.

Remove ads