Votes: 9 60.0%
  • 33 Demigods

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Something Else

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Poll closed .

Farealmer3

Explorer
By the way I got your email, the web comic looks interesting although still in development stages so its hard to see much of what hes coming up with beyond the character design which looks like classic manga-esque fare. I don't see the connection between Time Lords and Rollerblading Lesbian Catwomen in Hotpants. But I did love the background imagery for (I presume) the Seicross character, which looked like atomic structure building blocks crossed with how I see my own ideas for the 8th dimension - that was very cool.
THAT WAS ME U_K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

NO WONDER I DIDN'T GET A RETURN EMAIL!!!!! :( :( :(

Last edited:

paradox42

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
I still don't see how any of that works for you - but I love you for trying! :p
Simple enough matter of genre conventions. I'm not going for fantasy based on real-world myths, or comic-book-style fantasy. I'm going for transcendent fantasy, and for that to properly work there has to be a significant and obvious difference between the levels one is transcending through. The story won't feel very transcendent if, upon reaching Greater Deity status for example, a few barely-out-of-mortal demigods can gang up and take you down, now will it? :) If, OTOH, you can reach that level and go swinging through whole armies of such opponents without really breaking a metaphorical sweat, then it really feels like you've done something by reaching it.

And by the same token, this assures that no matter how big the PCs get, there's always something obviously much bigger and more powerful than they are, which can act as the DM's proxy in providing adventure hooks.

Hiya mate! :)

Farealmer3 said:
THAT WAS ME U_K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Apologies for the confusion, so many people so many names. :eek:

Farealmer3 said:
NO WONDER I DIDN'T GET A RETURN EMAIL!!!!! :( :( :(

I never sent one, the above post was my reply. Once the web-comic is released I may have more to go on.

mercucio

First Post
While I voted for 8 demi-deities I doubt even a score could kill a greater deity. Just look at the ECL scale: minimum demi-deity 60 and minimum greater deity 160. The greater deity's minimum ECL is 2.66 times that of a demi-deity. The threat is so minimal as to have no effect on the greater deity. I'm not even sure 8-10 lesser deities would prove sufficient deterrant (assuming ECL 80).

Howdy Farealmer matey! :)

Farealmer3 said:
I thought that the name far from realmer of the other board would've given it away.

Except that no such thing was listed in the email, and unless I am mistaken (and I could well be mistaken - its been one of those weeks) you have the same first name as historian.

Farealmer3 said:
I can't tell you how much i wished you emailed me. But it appears to be to late.

I'm a tad busy, but I always try to respond as quickly as possible.

However, the link you gave, sort of harranged me into reading a seven page thread before I could appraise the webcomic's merits and pitfalls. While I glossed over it as best as I could I haven't had the time to go back and read it all in depth. Added to which the web comic in question hasn't started yet, so I didn't think my critique was needed immediately (unless of course you are actually the person doing it?).

Hey mercucio dude! :)

mercucio said:
While I voted for 8 demi-deities I doubt even a score could kill a greater deity.

Of course not, because v6 predicts method C, which means a typical greater deity is equal to 33 demi-deities.

You then also start to encroach upon a power gap which transcends pure numbers. I mean no amount of 1st-level characters should beat a 30th-level character.

mercucio said:
Just look at the ECL scale: minimum demi-deity 60 and minimum greater deity 160. The greater deity's minimum ECL is 2.66 times that of a demi-deity. The threat is so minimal as to have no effect on the greater deity. I'm not even sure 8-10 lesser deities would prove sufficient deterrant (assuming ECL 80).

According to my calculations 10 lesser deities would be roughly equal to one Greater Deity, although see the stipulations in one of the above posts (no home plane, typical levels etc.)

Farealmer3

Explorer
Except that no such thing was listed in the email
Well i thought i said my screen name before(granted a bit of a time ago).

However, the link you gave, sort of harranged me into reading a seven page thread before I could appraise the webcomic's merits and pitfalls. While I glossed over it as best as I could I haven't had the time to go back and read it all in depth. Added to which the web comic in question hasn't started yet, so I didn't think my critique was needed immediately (unless of course you are actually the person doing it?).
No it's more that the thread has a love it or hate it thing. And if someone from here goes there and drops bombs i could be a causalty of the fallout(the board frowns on these things and if the thread gets locked the person who created it will not be happy with me). I knew that if you mentioned it here someone would want the link thus creating such a situation. Not everyone accepts uber cosmics like you do.

Remove ads