Vindice, God Jailer

Obly99

Hero
This is correct. However, Deities within a certain status always have the same rank (all greater deities are 16, for example), unlike the official Deities and Demigods book.
The fact that they all have the same rank here was Upper_Krust's choice for simplify their writing. Even if I understand, I didn't like this, and in my setting they don't automatically have the maximum rank, but they have their rank based on how much quintessential they have. Example: in Egyptian mythology both Seth and Ra are Greater Deity but in my cosmology Seth has divine rank 14 while Ra has divine rank 16.

Obly99

Hero
might want to change the 17 to a 23, the max rank of a Greater god is not 17 but 23 i believe(24 onwards is an elder one).
We have an official reply from Upper_Krust:
"Hey there Obly99, first let me apologise for the slow reply - missed this altogether.

There is probably no right or wrong answer here and I could possibly argue (under my rules at least) that both of you are wrong. There are no ranks 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, or 23 in my rules because it would mean crazy subdivisions of quintessence amounts.

So greater gods would always be DvR 16, Elder Gods will always be DvR 24.

Now I know the original 3E Deities & Demigods had the ranks as a range, 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20 etc. But they never had rules for allowing players to become immortals.

So the short answer is you are both wrong, but I think it is fine to house rule this stuff as you please - although you will likely run into the problem of subdividing quintessence I mentioned above."

Wait what, that makes even less sense. So all greater gods have to be dvr 16 and all elders dvr 24 etc no matter their supposed relative strengths? Well thats dumb, i am going to stick to making gods with that can have all ranks in between cause having set ranks with such gaps between them makes no sense. Though you are free to do as you wish

Obly99

Hero
Wait what, that makes even less sense. So all greater gods have to be dvr 16 and all elders dvr 24 etc no matter their supposed relative strengths? Well thats dumb, i am going to stick to making gods with that can have all ranks in between cause having set ranks with such gaps between them makes no sense. Though you are free to do as you wish
I will do this too but I will use the fact that the rank marked on IH is the highest rank and not the lowest.

Remove ads