From PF Cosmology, some deities

I would go for an unarmed fighter like monk or brawler
Nah he only had the one fight unarmed and that was simply because he knew Grendel couldn't be hurt by weapons. Otherwise he wore armor and wielded a sword and shield. Though, that said I wouldn't say he was a Paladin

Nah he only had the one fight unarmed and that was simply because he knew Grendel couldn't be hurt by weapons. Otherwise he wore armor and wielded a sword and shield. Though, that said I wouldn't say he was a Paladin
I remember reading the classic book, and he's definitely a champion-type fighter. He doesn't have any of the magic of a paladin, he's just a supernaturally strong guy with a sword who kills monsters.

I would go for an unarmed fighter like monk or brawler
I agree with Brawler, that class is awesome. I'd say 20 Brawler, 20 ranger (or Manhunter) 5 levels Archblade if you allow that class, and 5 levels Legendary Dreadnought. Non Deific but mythic and with plenty of epic feats. Maybe a couple esoteric.

Level wise, I'd put him at 50+ his feats are pretty crazy, the aforementioned cutting a dragon in half lengthwise with a dagger, swimming across an ocean, killing all the monsters in the ocean in a night, tearing off the arm of a legendary monster and killing its mother, and surviving being burned alive by dragonfire at point blank long enough to name a successor.

Bootlebat

Explorer
Also what would Grendel's mother be like? I'm thinking just use the stats for Grendel but give her like 10 more HD and make her at least Huge size (and increase her strength and constitution appropriately).

G
Also what would Grendel's mother be like? I'm thinking just use the stats for Grendel but give her like 10 more HD and make her at least Huge size (and increase her strength and constitution appropriately).
Grendels mother was actually more like a beast and was weaker than Grendel. She was smarter than she let on but a lot less intelligent than Grendel himself. I'd actually use a Brachyurus as a baseline, and go from there, maybe add barbarian levels.

Obly99

Hero
G

Grendels mother was actually more like a beast and was weaker than Grendel. She was smarter than she let on but a lot less intelligent than Grendel himself. I'd actually use a Brachyurus as a baseline, and go from there, maybe add barbarian levels.
If I ever build her I will use this version as a base and then I will upgrade it like I upgraded Grendel. (https://thecreaturecodex .tumblr.com/post/175962364584/grendels-mother)

Obly99

Hero
Iffdahsil CR 21

A conversion of the Iffdahsil of PF 2 with abilities also from the mythic shoggoth and the revisited shoggoth
The slithering horror known as Iffdahsil is an undead shoggoth that has haunted the vault of the Black Desert for millennia. Drow legends in particular tend to feature Iffdahsil, terrifying the elves from a young age. Iffdahsil's path to undeath is unknown. Many believe Iffdahsil can consume and incorporate the souls and minds of its victims, which might explain its spellcasting powers and relatively advanced intellect, though this also gives rise to more unanswerable questions about its horrific nature and unknowable goals.

CE Gargantuan undead (aquatic, mythos)

Init +7; Senses lifensense 60 ft., low-light vision, scent, see in darkness, tremorsense 60 ft., undeniable perception; Perception +39

Aura annihilation (DC 34, 60 ft.), frightful presence (DC 34, 120 ft.), unholy aura (DC 28), unnatural aura (300 ft.)

AC 37, touch 14, flat-footed 33 (+4 deflection, +4 Dex, +23 natural, -4 size)

hp 406 (28d8+280) fast healing 20

Fort +30, Ref +17, Will +30

Defensive Abilities all-around vision, amorphous, enhanced damage reduction, freedom of movement, nondetection, strong constitution, unkillable; DR 20/—; Immune blindness, cold, deafness, polymorph, positive energy, undead traits; Resistance acid 30, electricity 30, fire 30; SR 32

Offense

Speed 50 ft., climb 30 ft., swim 50 ft.; gravitic agnosticism

Melee 4 pseudopods +34 (4d8+16/19–20 plus grab)

Space 20 ft.; Reach 20 ft. (30 ft. with pseudopods)

Special Attacks chilling paralysis (DC 34), constrict (4d8+16), consume (6d6+24 bludgeoning damage plus 10d6 negative energy, AC 21, hp 40), deadly blow, reactive strike, tekeli-li, tentacular burst, trample (10d6+16, DC 40 plus grab)

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 20th; concentration +30)

Constantair walk, freedom of movement, nondetection, unholy aura (DC 28)

At willinvisibility, unholy blight (DC 24)

3/dayblasphemy (DC 27), greater invisibility, mirage arcana, permanent hallucination (DC 27)

1/dayoverwhelming presence (DC 29)

Str 42, Dex 19, Con —, Int 10, Wis 26, Cha 31

Base Atk +21; CMB +41; CMD 59 (can’t be tripped)

Feats Combat Reflexes, Cornugon Smash, Greater Vital Strike, Improved Critical (pseudopods), Improved Initiative, Improved Vital Strike, Intimidating Prowess, Iron Will, Nightstalker, Power Attack, Signature Skill (intimidate), Stealthy, Vital Strike, Weapon Focus (pseudopods)

Skills Escape Artist +5, Intimidate +57, Perception +39, Stealth +26 (+40 in dim light or lower condition of light), Survival +36

Languages Aklo, Necril, Undercommon

SQ compression, utter absorption

Aura of Annihilation (Su)
A living creature entering or starting its turn within 60 ft. of the iffdahsil that fails a Fortitude save DC 34 gains 2 negative leves. A creature that dies from this negative levels disintegrates into black sand. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Chilling Paralysis (Su)
A creature striking an iffdahsil with a natural weapon, touch attack, or unarmed strike is paralyzed for 1d3 rounds (DC 34 Fort negates).
Creatures consumed or trampled by an iffdahsil also must save to avoid being paralyzed. This is a cold effect and the save DC is Charisma-based. Creatures immune to cold are unaffected by chilling paralysis; those with resistance to cold gain a +2 circumstance bonus on their save.

Consume (Ex)
This ability functions like swallow whole, save that the iffdahsil may consume a creature as a free action at any time during its turn, not just at the start of its turn. A creature that cuts its way out of a iffdahsil leaves no hole in the protoplasmic creature’s body. Iffdahsil heal hit points equal to half the negative damage dealt.

Deadly Blow (Ex)
If an iffdahsil reduces a creature to fewer than 0 hit points with a pseudopod attack, the creature must make a successful DC 40 Fortitude save or it is instantly slain as the iffdahsil plucks off the victim’s head, crushes its torso, or otherwise destroys the creature’s body. The save DC is Strength-based.

Enhanced Damage Reduction (Ex)
An iffdahsil damage reduction cannot be bypassed by abilities that normally ignore damage reduction, such as a paladin’s smite evil or a mythic champion’s fleet charge.

Gravitic Agnosticism (Su)
An iffdahsil can use its climb speed to move in any direction, including straight up or sideways through empty air, mounting its heaving bulk upon the unseen angles between existence. It is unaffected by effects that reverse, increase, or otherwise alter the normal effects of gravity.

Immune to Positive Energy (Ex)
An iffdahsil takes no damage from positive energy such as that created but not limited to channel energy, cure spells, It is also immune to effects that mimic channel energy or are based on the channel energy ability (such as turn undead and command undead feat).

Pseudopods (Ex)
An iffdahsil can attack with up to four pseudopods in a round. As it attacks, it can decide as a free action if the pseudopod inflicts bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage.

Reactive Strike (Ex)
Whenever an iffdahsil takes damage from a creature within its reach, it can take an attack of opportunity against that creature after the attack is resolved.

Strong Constitution (Ex)
Unlike most undead, an iffdahsil has a good Fortitude save.

Tekeli-li (Su)
As a free action, once per round, an iffdahsil can give voice to sounds and words sane life was not meant to hear. Each creature in a 60-foot radius must make a successful DC 34 Will save or be confused for 1d8 rounds, during which time the creature suffers a –4 penalty to saves against fear effects. A creature normally immune to fear loses that immunity while affected by tekeli-li. Each round a creature is affected, it takes 1d6 points of Wisdom damage. A creature that saves cannot be affected by this iffdahsil’s tekeli-li for 24 hours. This is an insanity, mind-affecting, sonic effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Tentacular Burst (Ex)
As a full-round action, Iffdahsil make one pseudopods attack against each opponent within reach. It must make a separate attack roll against each opponent. When the Iffdahsil use tentacular burst, it also forfeit any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats, spells, or abilities. The Iffdahsil is then flat-footed until the start of its next turn.

Undeniable Perception (Ex)
An iffdahsil sees with constant true seeing, though this effect is not magical and cannot be dispelled. It cannot be blinded, dazzled, or deafened, and its senses are not hindered by wind or weather effects, including natural or magical fog, gas, or mist.

Unkillable (Ex)
Unlike most undead, Iffdahsil isn't destroyed at 0 HP. Iffdahsil's fast healing continues to function normally, though on any round it begins its turn at 0 HP or less, it is staggered until the start of its next turn. While Iffdahsil is at 0 HP or less, it can be killed permanently only by simultaneously exposing it to direct sunlight (or a sunburst spell or an augment to 9th daylight spell) and casting a miracle or wish spell (or similar magic) directed at destroying it.

Utter Absorption (Ex)
Creatures reduced to 0 hit points while consumed or grappled by an iffdahsil must succeed on a DC 34 Fortitude save each round their bodies remain inside the iffdahsil or become completely absorbed by the creature, leaving no remains whatsoever. Creatures killed in this fashion can only be returned to life through the use of a true resurrection, miracle, or wish spell. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Attachments

• Iffdahsil.png
    Iffdahsil.png
    969.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Remove ads