Greater Deity 65 HD + DvR 12

Elder One 86 HD + DvR 16
Old One 111 HD + DvR 22
First One 149 HD + DvR 29

Demiurge Stage I 196 HD + DvR 39
Demiurge Stage II 260 HD + DvR 52
Demiurge Stage III 347 HD + DvR 69

Time Lord 461 HD + DvR 92

And what would the current HDs and DvRs look like? I'm strongly considering the 33 Demigods = 1 Greater Deity option, since I'd like to have the latter as simply that much more powerful, as opposed to possibly being defeated by eight wannabe pantheon leaders.

Howdy! :)

Adslahnit said:
And what would the current HDs and DvRs look like?

Current as in what? Current Ascension? Current 4E speculation?

I'm strongly considering the 33 Demigods = 1 Greater Deity option, since I'd like to have the latter as simply that much more powerful, as opposed to possibly being defeated by eight wannabe pantheon leaders.

So you want as little interaction between such beings as possible?

Upper_Krust said:
Current as in what? Current Ascension? Current 4E speculation?

Your current Ascension DvR and HD minimums. I think I was able to figure out most of the DvRs myself except for the demiurges and eternals though.

Upper_Krust said:
So you want as little interaction between such beings as possible?

I have certainly changed my mind a bit from my first post in this thread, but I'd definitely still want interaction between these different divine ranks. I'd just rather have greater deities be equivalent to about 33 demi-deities as opposed to just 8. That way it would really take a large group of demi-deities to bring down a pantheon head. The interaction is still there, but the lower-ranked beings have more to fear from the higher-ranked ones. Likewise, I'd rather require 333 hero-deities to bring down a greater deity, as opposed to just 32.

Adslahnit said:
Your current Ascension DvR and HD minimums. I think I was able to figure out most of the DvRs myself except for the demiurges and eternals though.

DvR and HD double every other jump in divine status, and HD is always DvR x5.

e.g. Quasi-deity is DvR 4 and has 20+ HD.

Adslahnit said:
I have certainly changed my mind a bit from my first post in this thread, but I'd definitely still want interaction between these different divine ranks. I'd just rather have greater deities be equivalent to about 33 demi-deities as opposed to just 8. That way it would really take a large group of demi-deities to bring down a pantheon head. The interaction is still there, but the lower-ranked beings have more to fear from the higher-ranked ones. Likewise, I'd rather require 333 hero-deities to bring down a greater deity, as opposed to just 32.

It basically means that your party of five demi-deities cannot face an Intermediate God nor can they face a Greater God, simply because they are going to get 'easily' beaten.

Also the 33 demigods vs. 1 greater god makes it sound like such beings exist in a vacuum.

Its like lets get some demi-deities together and go kill Odin.

Failing to take into account that on his home plane he'd be tougher, failing to take into account Odin can probably call upon the rest of the Pantheon at a whim and thats your 33 demi-deities dead in one round right there, failing to take into account that (even without assistance) with 33 demi-deities its just going to be a lottery which ten Odin kills each round.

Upper_Krust said:
Also the 33 demigods vs. 1 greater god makes it sound like such beings exist in a vacuum.

Its like lets get some demi-deities together and go kill Odin.

Failing to take into account that on his home plane he'd be tougher, failing to take into account Odin can probably call upon the rest of the Pantheon at a whim and thats your 33 demi-deities dead in one round right there, failing to take into account that (even without assistance) with 33 demi-deities its just going to be a lottery which ten Odin kills each round.

Hmm, I see. I was originally going to suggest that a party of five demi-deities should stick to taking down lesser deities before taking on intermediates or greaters, but I still have to think this through. However, even if things were adjusted so that 8 Demi-deities = 1 Greater Deity, wouldn't it still be impossible for a party of eight demi-deities to take down a greater deity since the latter will most likely have the home plane and "summon the rest of the pantheon" advantage? It would make a good challenge for the PCs to somehow isolate the greater deity though.

Also, if ever you do decide to go with 8 Demi-deities = 1 Greater Deities, will you have to revise anything other than the HD/DvR (abilities, portfolios, artifacts, etc) to take into account the change in game balance?

Last edited:

Hey Adslahnit matey! :)

Adslahnit said:
Hmm, I see. I was originally going to suggest that a party of five demi-deities should stick to taking down lesser deities before taking on intermediates or greaters, but I still have to think this through. However, even if things were adjusted so that 8 Demi-deities = 1 Greater Deity, wouldn't it still be impossible for a party of eight demi-deities to take down a greater deity since the latter will most likely have the home plane and "summon the rest of the pantheon" advantage? It would make a good challenge for the PCs to somehow isolate the greater deity though.

If its 1:8 (Demi-deity/Greater Deity contrast) then your party can physically interact with Lesser or even Intermediate deities.

If its 1:33 (Demi/Greater contrast) then you can interact with only immortals as up to Lesser power.

Adslahnit said:
Also, if ever you do decide to go with 8 Demi-deities = 1 Greater Deities, will you have to revise anything other than the HD/DvR (abilities, portfolios, artifacts, etc) to take into account the change in game balance?

Nothing springs to mind.

I haven't decided it its a worthwhile endeavour making those changes (with 4th Edition lurking around the corner).

Upper_Krust said:
If its 1:8 (Demi-deity/Greater Deity contrast) then your party can physically interact with Lesser or even Intermediate deities.

If its 1:33 (Demi/Greater contrast) then you can interact with only immortals as up to Lesser power.

I'd be fine with either, really, as long as it's balanced and consistent. If it makes sense that your party can only deal with lesser deities until they amass more power, then so be it.

Upper_Krust said:
I haven't decided it its a worthwhile endeavour making those changes (with 4th Edition lurking around the corner).

Since you've got 13:3 for 8:33 on the poll (I voted for 33 but now I wish I could retract that vote), it looks like it might still be worth it. If you think you can incorporate the changes and get Ascension out by the end of the year, then by all means go ahead. You'll have to find out whether everyone here wants 1:33 now or 1:8 later, but I don't think you'll need to set up a separate poll for that.

Hey there Adslahnit! :)

Adslahnit said:
So, U_K, have you decided on what you'll be doing with regards to the ECLs? It seems like either way, the current ECL values for each of the templates will have to be revised to keep in line with the EL system you already have (www.immortalshandbook.com/freestuff18.htm).

No, but I will be deciding over the next few days. Something tells me it shouldn't take too long to fix, but when has anything ever went quickly on Ascensions timetable, so consider me apprehensive.

Remove ads