• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many dice do you put out?

How many dice do you usually put out at the gaming table?

• Dice? Oh, I forgot mine again

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A few; which ever I grab on the way out the door

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • A 'full set', depending on the system being played

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • A few more than a 'full set'; extra d6s, etc

Votes: 58 24.0%
  • Two or more 'full sets', cuz I like having options

Votes: 97 40.1%
  • A pound or more - dice for everyone!

Votes: 63 26.0%
  • None; I use some form of electronic dice

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • None; I only play diceless games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None; I'm too cheap to buy my own dice

Votes: 1 0.4%

Shadowslayer

Explorer
In my own dice bag, I have a couple of each type, a couple extra d4s and 5 or 6 d6s. None of them match.

But then I also have a pretty large mason jar full of dice that sit out for guys that forgot theirs. That stays at home.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have a bucket that is full of all the dice I have collected in my lifetime, and it resides permenantly on (or near) the game table.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
I have several of each type of standard 3rd edition D&D dice. But I usually will only use a single set for the whole session if I'm playing (unless I'm blasting away with fire balls, lightning bolts etc then I need extra dice), sometimes multiple d20s as a DM so I can roll a ton of attacks at once.

ThirdWizard

First Post
TresGeek said:
How do you like those? I bought the clear quartz ones, but I can't stand them. They're nearly impossible for me to read.

Like this? They would probably drive me mad, along with what we've dubbed the "color blindness test" dice that I am yet to be convinced actually have numbers on them.

The stone dice I have are dark and quite heavy for their size. I know there's a proper name I should be calling them, but I can't think of it at the moment...

Shadowdancer

First Post
If I'm playing, it's usually three full sets plus some extra d20s and d6s.

If I'm DM, it's a pound or more. And I can never find the dice I want when I need them.

realmaster

Explorer
I have a crown royal bag that is 3/4 full of multilpe sets and just before the game I give it a shake and then open it up and when I need a certain die I pull it out and the dice that I pull stay out for the game. :)

Remove ads