• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many story hours do you follow?

How many stories do you read regularly?

• Less than 3

Votes: 39 41.1%
  • 4 to 10

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • 11 to 20

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Over 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALL OF THEM!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just skim whatever catches my attention

Votes: 6 6.3%

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Sepulchrave's
Destan's
Piratecat's
the Jester's
Sagiro's (though not always immediately)

Those are ones that I still consider active. Stories that I think have been concluded (but I wish weren't) include

Wulf Ratbane
contact (Entropy and Company)
Dr. Midnight

If any of those old story hours were updated, I'd be on them in a second!

Lazybones

Adventurer
I used to read a lot more, before the new filter at work blocked ENWorld. Now I mostly just maintain my own SH, but at one point or another I've read:

Sepulchrave's Wyre series (twice)
(contact)'s Liberators
Rel's Faded Glory
Old One's Faded Glory
Capellan's Company of the Random Encounter and In Hextor's Name (really enjoy the latter)
Medallions d20
Destan's Sins of Our Fathers
Wizardru's SH
Blackdirge's Dretch to Demonlord (very unique)
Piratecat's SH

For most of these, I prefer to wait a few months and then catch up on several updates at once. If a SH isn't updated more frequently than 1-2 times a month, I'll generally lose interest. The exception is Sepulchrave's SH, though I think most people have given up trying to get him to post more often than 3-4 times a year.

the Jester

Legend
Let's see, I follow the following more or less hard core:

Piratecat's SH
Capellan's Q-Ship
Sepulchrave's SH threads
diaglo's SH (Angelsboi's old party... I guest starred in it once! :))

I also read the following, but usually am catching up on them and read a few pages at a time, catch up for a while, then fall behind again:

Knightfall1972's SH
(contact)'s Liberators of Tenh
Buttercup's Taken by Storm SH (needs an update badly!)

Finally, Wulf Ratbane's SH is required reading, and it's finished. But notice how often people bump it! ;)

mseds99

First Post
I'm a big fan of all of Blackdirge's Matamorphasis and Assasin's tale story hours. In fact, my firend is waning to play a gargoyle rogueish/assasin after reading them.

Sepulchrave's Wyre series is also a great read. I'm scared to open any of the others due to a general lack of time.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
like joshua dyal, i normally pride myself on being an "indie" guy, but it looks like i'm a fan of the "big ones" when it comes to story hours - destan's, sep's, piratecat's (though if sep and destan dont update soon im firing them).

i need a new SH which is why i bumped the "story hour analysis" thread, but it seems to have folks trying to justify their SHs when i was really hoping to get some recommendations for fresh, new story hours (so i could reclaim that "indie" spirit).

there's GOT to be some new ones just waiting to be discovered - yes?

so...my answer to your poll is "3".

i know you didnt ask for which SHs we read (kind of obvious by reviewing at the page views/posts), but i felt like chiming in while my ramen noodles are cookin and saying "3" woulda been too quick.

the wise guy,
W.P.

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
I read 2:

Old One's Faded Glory SH : Against The Shadows
Enk & Dshai's SH : Small Beginnings

Although Small Beginnings hasn't been updated in quite a while (a new thread is planned in the future to continue the story--I hope) so I may try picking up another SH soon.

Just not enough time to read them much any more unfortunately...

-LW

Last edited:

Wisdom Penalty said:
i need a new SH which is why i bumped the "story hour analysis" thread, but it seems to have folks trying to justify their SHs when i was really hoping to get some recommendations for fresh, new story hours (so i could reclaim that "indie" spirit).

there's GOT to be some new ones just waiting to be discovered - yes?
Well, in my opinion, the names I rattled off are great places to start for really good "indie" story hours. I mean, yeah, jonrog1's Dark Matter story hour is far from indie, and barsoomcore's stewardess story hour is notorious rather than indie, but they're still excellent, and hey! they're more indie than Piratecat or Sepulgrave, or Wulf Ratbane. ;) I don't think you can go wrong with any of the ones I mentioned.

I read my own of course... and I try to track a few others... Q-ship, Sepulchrave, BLACKDIRGE's and Piratecat's the chief among them. When I do get some free time, I do peruse others... so I marked down four for right now (it varies between three and six or so)

Edit-- misspelled Sepulchrave

Last edited:

AIM-54

First Post
I currently have 18 bookmarked and I tend to follow them as they get updated. Most of them aren't updated too often, so as I get current I keep picking up new ones.

The big ones for me are:

Old One's Fallen Glory
Barsoomcore's
WizarDru's
The Universe's (of course :p)
Medallions
We Were Like God's Once...

Other one's I enjoy:

Al Qarin
Capellan's SHs (especially In Hextor's Name)
Tales of the Bray Keaven

And of course, PC's, Sepulchrave's, jonrog's... :)

Remove ads