• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many story hours do you follow?

How many stories do you read regularly?

• Less than 3

Votes: 39 41.1%
  • 4 to 10

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • 11 to 20

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Over 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALL OF THEM!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just skim whatever catches my attention

Votes: 6 6.3%

ledded

Herder of monkies
I'm a fairly quick reader, so I keep up with quite a few.

I kept up with all the 'bigs' when they were posting fairly regular, Wulf and P-Cat and the bunch, and I stop by every now and then to catch up, but more or less now keep an eye out for the newer Story Hours because there is a lot of fresh talent out there (at least fresh to these boards) that is great fun for me to trip across.

I do tend to follow the non-traditional more than straight-cut D&D, just because my interest lies a bit more that way, though there are a lot of very good D&D story hours on the boards, several of which I follow.

The authors whose updates I crave:

Barsoomcore (kicking arse in 3 different SH's plus some extremely good short fiction)
Capellan (makes me laugh *so* hard)
jonrog1 (Drunk Southern Girls is great but if you've never read Pulp Spycraft:Nadia Tesla and the Agents of Extraordinary Caliber, you darn well need to)
OldDrewId (Medallions. 'Nuff said.)
Heapthaumaturgist (his first SH from way back scared the bejeezus out of me, and my bejeezuses are pretty jaded, his most recent is VERY good)
pogre (dig the great pics while reading a great story)
Joshua Dyal (JD is rocking in his latest effort, and is one of my newest faves)
Puppykicker (Tears in Hell is quite good)
EternalNewbie (I just love that Khalid)
Broccoli Head (Harn and Supers, both great SH's)
Paka ('Holy Gunslingers' is great fun)

and several others I can't remember right now.

Aw heck who am I kidding, I spend too much time reading these... :)

Capellan

Explorer
ledded said:
The authors whose updates I crave:

Capellan (makes me laugh *so* hard)

You know, I've been to BHM twice now. The next time I come, remind me to look you guys up :)

My current list of SHs I read:

Piratecat Updated Story Hour
spyscribe's Welcome to the Halmae
Graywolf-ELM's Orcs on the Rampage
Roquesdoodle's Scinterlands
Joshua Dyal's Dark Heritage
Destan's Sins of Our Fathers
KidCthulhu's (actually Iron Chef BBQ's) Scarred Lands Story Hour
(contact)'s Liberation of Tenh
Seravin's Night Below
jonrog1's Drunk Southern Girls
arwink's Copperheads and Legacy of the Minotaur -- assuming he ever updates either again :p ... I play in these, so I am naturally interested in them :)
Orichalcum's Alea Iacta

I was also reading Sialia's (mostly) Defenders of Daybreak - the Early Years and Puppy Kicker's Angel in the Devil's Shoes but I am not sure they count as active SHs any more ...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I voted 4 to 10.

I read Piratecat, the Jester, Sagiro, and Sepulchrave's story hours. Of course, lately that is limited to the Jester's Great Conflicts and Cydra: the Early Years SHs, as wel as Sagiro's SH, due to lack of updates from P'Cat and Sep. (Who obviously have too many Rela Life issues to deal with right now, so no biggie. I can wait.)

Besides, since I only rarely update my World of Kulan SH, I can't complain.

Cheers!

KF72

Arkhandus

First Post
Some weeks I spend far too much time reading Storyhours, but usually I spend an hour or two a week reading 'em. I read Medallions, We Were Like Gods Once, Action Squad, Welcome to the Halmae, Alea Iacta, Traveler T20: Tales of the Bray Keaven, The Shadow Knows, Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour, Warlord Ralts' Nova Wars storyhour, An Oriental Adventure in the Dream/Mekhet's Magnificent Seven, Darksun: Sands of Blood, Under a Darksun, More Charisma than a Roomful of Nymphs, a few of the short-lived little storyhours, and The Jester's various Cydra storyhours...... There's probably one or two others I read a while back but don't remember the names of now.

Storyhours are great!

Last edited:

Spider_Jerusalem said:
Joshua Dyal's - ahoy. I've got my popcorn
barsoomcore said:
JD's Dark Heritage
ledded said:
Joshua Dyal (JD is rocking in his latest effort, and is one of my newest faves)
Capellan said:
Joshua Dyal's Dark Heritage
Y'know, I'm really glad I check this thread. Warms an old SH author's heart!
chest.gif

ledded

Herder of monkies
Joshua Dyal said:
Y'know, I'm really glad I check this thread. Warms an old SH author's heart!
chest.gif
I know whatcha mean, man. All *5* of my readers stopped by this very thread! What are the odds! :)

Thanks guys!

Capellan said:
You know, I've been to BHM twice now. The next time I come, remind me to look you guys up :)
Twice been to the 'Ham from down under? Look us up next time.

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
The Amazing Dingo said:
I'm going to start trying to read Rel's now since I've managed to work my way through all of those above.

Woot! I love new readers!

Back in the day, when I first started writing my own Story Hour, I read a bunch of them. Obviously I read Old One's (loved it so much that I stole his campaign setting) and some of the "big names" such as PC, Sagiro, Wulf, (contact), Dr. Midnight and such. But also a few "smaller" ones, namely Broccoli_Head's, Lazybones' and Milo Wimby's. Then life began to intrude about the time my daughter began to sleep less and crawl more. I stopped reading just about everything except Old One's.

Lately, in addition to keeping up with Old One's (which is pretty easy since he posts updates almost as infrequently as I do), I have read Small Beginnings, which I think is every bit as good as any Story Hour I've ever read, and ledded's, from which you can feel the fun oozing from every post.

And I have a standing promise that if Darklone ever writes a Story Hour, I'll read it. Because he has been my biggest fan and still bumps my thread when I haven't posted for two months.

Remove ads