• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many story hours do you follow?

How many stories do you read regularly?

• Less than 3

Votes: 39 41.1%
  • 4 to 10

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • 11 to 20

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Over 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALL OF THEM!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just skim whatever catches my attention

Votes: 6 6.3%

pogre

Legend
Puppy Kicker said:
That's where I fall in, Pogre. When work is slamming me (usually) I just try to keep my SH going and read what I can find time for. When it slows down I like to try a bit of everything and then settle on a few.

I tend to like the Modern more than the fantasy, but there are a few fantasy stories that catch my attention. I can think of one that has lots of pictures of miniatures in all the scenes... now whose was that.... ? ;)

ahem...

Well, I am planning on shooting some photos for an actual update in the near future. I assume most folks glance in at my sh for the pictures above my writing - although I work hard at both. I am wayyy behind - but Sepulchrave & PC make me feel like a frequent updater ;)

I certainly miss the days of "tag" between PC and Wulf - one would update and then tag the other for their next update. :cool:

Last edited:

Sidekick

First Post
I follow the three staple diets of any Story hour initiate
* Defenders of Daybreak (PC)
* Drunk Southern Girls, Zombie Toddlers (jonrog)
* Medallions (Old Drew ID
admittedly, if those are my staple diet then I starved to death to death somewhere between 2-6 months ago!

Others I realy like are
* Medani Detection Agency (by Express) - if you haven't read it, do so now! It totally had me sold on Eberron
* Tears in Hell (Puppykicker) - good, all-round lipstick friendly fun!
* We were like Gods once (ledded) WWII I'm sold :cool:

That's about it really.

MonsterMash

First Post
Only a couple largely due to lack of time - its offputting when you see one with 200-300 existing posts and think I'll never catch up on that.

Currently Barsoomcore's pirate thread and Diaglo's OD&D (According to Hoyle).

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

I keep up with the following:

Sepulchrave (Just have to know what happens between the heroes and Graz'zt. I must know, so I keep reading hoping that someday it will be resolved.)
Destan: Anything he writes I usually read.(Good writer and exceptionally nice guy)
Dr. Midnight (His is finished though, so no longer anything to read.)
Ziona Unusual Heroes (Hasn't been updated.)

I peruse the following fairly consistently:

Piratecat (I haven't really ever started this because it is just too big.)
Pogre's Story Hours (For the pics)
jonrog1 Dark Matter (He is a professional writer and it shows in the way he carries a story)

I generally give just about every story hour a read here and there just to see what they are doing. I don't stick with them or comlplete them,but if I see something interesting like a well-written scene or interesting encounter, I give it a read.

These days, I don't have time to update my own SH much less follow numerous others on a regular basis. I don't really follow any of them regularly...since I hate waiting for updates (I know, I know, for those of you who might have checked out mine, that makes me a pretty big hypocrit these days ;) ). I prefer to let the updates pile up, then spend a few hours getting caught up.

Of course, when I do get a chance the ones I check out are:

Sep's
Destan's
Pogre's
Ledded's

No real surprises there I guess. I'd follow more, because I know there are some more excellent ones out there but given the intermittent updates, I find that by the time something new has been posted, I've completely forgotten what was going on, if I try to follow more than 2 or 3 at a time.

the Jester

Legend
Well, for anyone who likes frequent updates, I recommend my three story hours. If two weeks go by without an update in all three I was probably out of town half the time or something, and you can usually count on three or more updates every two weeks in each thread.

Droid101

First Post
the Jester said:
Well, for anyone who likes frequent updates, I recommend my three story hours. If two weeks go by without an update in all three I was probably out of town half the time or something, and you can usually count on three or more updates every two weeks in each thread.
Hey! No pimping yourself! If he can then I can too!

I update mine every weekday! Sometimes twice a day! Yikes, I must be reeealy bored at work.

Heh, sorry about that...

Well, three years ago I read Sagiro's, Piratecat's and Small Beginnings.

Then I went off to uni, lost track of time, and reappeared now.

Sagiro's is finished (?) and Piratecat's is twice the size it was - so my task of nestling back into the story hour groove has proved a little difficult. Least of all my own story hour! Tip of the day: don't get into the swing of a 2 year update schedule. I think I'm going to re-package and re-release in the near future.

ANYWAY.

At the moment I'm reading the "little growers" of the boards:
1) Haiiro's - great action and party dynamics make me laugh
2) Joshua Dyal's - ahoy. I've got my popcorn
3) Puppy Kickers - epic name, better story

+more...

But I read anything that is new on the boards, and give it a go.

Oh well. Bye bye for now.
Spider

Pyske

Explorer
I follow 4-10, 'though not always the same 4-10. :) I usually try to post at least once to the ones I read, and I don't usually start reading until I figure there will be a couple dozen story posts. Some examples of ones I read outside the Big 3:

Lamprolign's First Sight
Nemmerle's Manticore Killers
Old Drew's Medallions
Ledded's WW2 Supers
Sagiro's Charagan
Shadowdancer's Bray Keaven
Spyscribe's Halmae
Destan's Sins
Orichalcum's Alea Iacta Est
Old One's Faded Glory
Rel's Faded Glory
Broccli Head's Riddle of Harn