How Quickly is C&C Catching on?

Breakdaddy

First Post
cleaverthepit said:
Now, are they right? Our local game store - just 2-3 miles away has no CCPHBs. We have now sold 17 inside the city limits of Little Rock - out of our office.

Glad to hear it! I dont know how much my pimping the product helped, but we got at least 7 of those if memory serves ;)

Mythmere1

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
Got a copy at the LGS today. They forgot to hold it for me, but at least they had one on the shelf. Hopefully they will order more stuff in the future.

Is that from the chain that didn't order them before? Or did you find a new source?

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
It was the same store. He said he had seven or eight people ask about it so he ordered one. Well he's going to have to reorder since I grabbed it right away.

He also said that someone who said they were involved in the creation of the game was in there talking about it. I'm not sure who though.

Hmm reading this thread was like watching an episode of the Outer Limits, at some points I just had NO idea what the heck was going on. :heh:

Anyways, I am among the LONG time D&D players starting back in the late 70's, early 80's who had taken a break and was brought back to D&D by ver. 3.0. When I started to hear the buzz of C&C and read up on what it was and what it was going to bring to the RPG table I was very excited and I can honestly say that it is a breath of fresh air for me. The whole package from the quality of the book(s), the way it plays and even the cool 'nostalgic' Spartan 300 boxed set has just been done so well.

It leaves it up to the player(s) just how simple or complex they want to make it and the compatability with almost any and all published adventures from the past, present and future just made it the perfect fit for me. I have a copy of the PHB and when the second printing is run I will be ordering 6 more copies so I can give each one of my players an early Xmas/B'day gift because not only is the price right at $20.00 but it is an awesome set of rules. :cool:

I do have one quick question that I have asked in a couple of places (as Peter can attest... ;) ). I have seen people talk about converting lets say a 1st Ed. adventure on the fly and I also read that it is as simple as just assigning the beastie a prime(s) and to determine AC just subtract the AC from 20 to derive the current AC. Is this correct? For those of you have have done 'on-the-fly' conversions what did you do and how?

-Brund

gideon_thorne

First Post
Brund the Decrepit said:
I do have one quick question that I have asked in a couple of places (as Peter can attest... ;) ). I have seen people talk about converting lets say a 1st Ed. adventure on the fly and I also read that it is as simple as just assigning the beastie a prime(s) and to determine AC just subtract the AC from 20 to derive the current AC. Is this correct? For those of you have have done 'on-the-fly' conversions what did you do and how?

-Brund

Essentially correct. If its simple enough for a non numbers guy like me too do it should be cake for anyone.

AC goes up instead of down and the Physical and or Mental prime is already more or less built into AD&D monster stats anyhow. Any creature that has a high int is readily identifyable as a Mental prime, strong creatures have a phyiscal prime. The creature att. mods are more or less centered around hit dice of the creature.

Breakdaddy

First Post
Yeah I used a couple of monsters from the old D&D Rules Cyclopedia on the fly, and it was a real breeze. As you stated, subtract the AC from 20 and select the primes (physical or mental), which is usually common sense. If the AC was a negative number just add it to 20 instead of subtracting it from 20. Take the creatures hit dice and use that as their base attack bonus. Voila! You have just converted the vast majority of creatures on the fly in a matter of seconds.

Remove ads