How Quickly is C&C Catching on?

Breakdaddy

First Post
blizack said:
Mr. Chenault, could you tell me exactly what has and has not been released for C&C so far? I'm getting conflicting information from the various retail sites. The only thing that I'm certain is available is the Players Handbook. Are any of the modules or the Monsters & Treasure book out yet?

I can field this question for you, as I have been to Troll Lord HQ and had the opportunity to rap with Davis and Steve about C&C. The Players Guide is out, the M&T is NOT, but will be soon, and the Castle Keepers Guide is slated for a (hopeful) GenCon release from what I understand. The only other C&C Products out currently are the Crusader (a subscription magazine for C&C Enthusiasts) and the Box Set (containing a very streamlined version of the PHB, a book of Monsters and a book of advice for the CK/Mini Module.

gideon_thorne

First Post
blizack said:
Mr. Chenault, could you tell me exactly what has and has not been released for C&C so far? I'm getting conflicting information from the various retail sites. The only thing that I'm certain is available is the Players Handbook. Are any of the modules or the Monsters & Treasure book out yet?

Well Im not Mr Chenault but I can tell you for certain that the C&C Players guide is out on the market. The C&C nostalgia boxed set (which has a mini module in it) is available for order directly from the TLG company or can be picked up at conventions.

The rest is pending and or headed to the printers.

Breakdaddy

First Post
gideon_thorne said:
Well Im not Mr Chenault but I can tell you for certain that the C&C Players guide is out on the market. The C&C nostalgia boxed set (which has a mini module in it) is available for order directly from the TLG company or can be picked up at conventions.

The rest is pending and or headed to the printers.

I was a bit too quick for ya, Peter ;)

blizack

First Post
As I said, I already knew the Players Handbook was out (I ordered it from AllDirect.com and it should be delivered today) .

I wasn't sure about the rest, so thanks for the clarifications, everybody.

I just stopped by my FLGS store today and...
GAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! He sold his last two copies yesterday!
But he's got got more coming in and I'm counting down to Wednesday at 4:00pm.

gideon_thorne

First Post
Captain Loincloth said:
I just stopped by my FLGS store today and...
GAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! He sold his last two copies yesterday!
But he's got got more coming in and I'm counting down to Wednesday at 4:00pm.

Well thats good news that its being restocked. :) Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)

gideon_thorne said:
Well thats good news that its being restocked. :) Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Good news to me, too, as now I have only a three day wait. I hope for your sake and ours that other stores are selling it as fast as he is. Nothing is better than seeing a good game succeed.

gideon_thorne

First Post
Captain Loincloth said:
Good news to me, too, as now I have only a three day wait. I hope for your sake and ours that other stores are selling it as fast as he is. Nothing is better than seeing a good game succeed.

If the sales keep on going as they have been, I for one will be really happy. :)

Ariddrake

First Post
I just wanted to praise the C&C a little. I want to say first that I love that 3.x has brought alot of people back to the hobby, including me. The thing about C&C that I like so much is that it plays, to me, alot like basic and expert dnd where I had everything in those books memorized like the back of my hand, we even house ruled AC as its done now. My problem with 3.x is that I have 50 flash cards that I use to DM with and I still have this feeling that I am omitting something. I know you can use what you want and leave the rest but I feel that there are so many caveats that I forget something. This is not leaving out rules you do not want to use but having so many rules it makes it very difficult to keep up with everything especially if you have a job, work, school, etc. I get stressed out by 3.x sometimes when it's supposed to be a game.
I also wanted to say I read the complete box set I got from Gencon in an hour. Also the adventure that comes with the box set has alot of stuff going on for being so short. Good Job. :)

Remove ads