How would you build the Fonz

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Hehehe Arthur Fonzarelli (sp)
fonz.jpg

I am thinking melee training charisma is in there some where... ;p

The thought came up because of several threads one was about Charisma for attacks and another was about how a higher level character gets boosts for there thief skill use even though its not necessarily the characters theme(with heroic poise and wrist action of course) .

Another Arthur is Poise and Finesse conquer all... Charisma and Dex secondary... some how I am having problems reskinning a bard ... and intelligence is not the characters strong points (though he values a good mind).. he doesnt feel like a skill monkey exactly another counter bard feel.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
I went with Valorous Bard. Although he's not a skill monster like you'd picture most bards, the Fonz does have a couple skills under his belt; particularly those I chose for him. Also, his constant encouragement fits nicely into the role and general powers of the class, while he can also demoralize somebody equally fast. He's not particularly smart, regardless of going on to be a teacher later on, but he's tough as nails.

I gave him two rituals which, when reskinned, fit his character as well. Although he doesn't use it to fight with, he has a rapier in honor of his fight with one during the show.

The Fonz uses the rules for inherent bonuses in the DM2

[sblock=The Fonz]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Arthur Fonzarelli, level 2
Human, Bard
Build: Valorous Bard
Bardic Virtue: Virtue of Valor
Background: Society - Poor, Early Life - Invited Underground (+2 to Streetwise)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 20.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 18.

AC: 13 Fort: 14 Reflex: 13 Will: 18
HP: 31 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Diplomacy +11, Arcana +5, Streetwise +13, Athletics +6, Intimidate +11, Insight +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Bluff +7, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance +4, Heal +2, History +1, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion +1, Stealth +2, Thievery +2

FEATS
Bard: Ritual Caster
Human: Weapon Proficiency (Rapier)
Level 1: Melee Training (Charisma)
Level 2: Skill Swap

POWERS
Bard at-will 1: Vicious Mockery
Bard at-will 1: Cutting Words
Bonus At-Will Power: Guiding Strike
Skill Swap: Ominous Threat
Bard encounter 1: Fast Friends
Bard daily 1: Malevolent Mischief
Bard utility 2: Nose for Trouble

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Riding Horse, Riding Shark, Rapier, Leather Armor, Demonskin Tattoo (heroic tier)
RITUALS
Glib Limerick (3), Make Whole
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
[/sblock]

As to characters getting better at thievery, I can see it as being accomplished a couple different ways when you don't actively work to steal, open locks, etc

1) by the higher levels, you've seen enough locks opened that you kinda picked up on it, even if you're still not amazing.
2) nobody would expect that character to steal something, so most don't think twice when he tries to.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I went with Valorous Bard. Although he's not a skill monster like you'd picture most bards, the Fonz does have a couple skills under his belt; particularly those I chose for him. Also, his constant encouragement fits nicely into the role and general powers of the class, while he can also demoralize somebody equally fast. He's not particularly smart, regardless of going on to be a teacher later on, but he's tough as nails.

I gave him two rituals which, when reskinned, fit his character as well. Although he doesn't use it to fight with, he has a rapier in honor of his fight with one during the show.

The Fonz uses the rules for inherent bonuses in the DM2

[sblock=The Fonz]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Arthur Fonzarelli, level 2
Human, Bard
Build: Valorous Bard
Bardic Virtue: Virtue of Valor
Background: Society - Poor, Early Life - Invited Underground (+2 to Streetwise)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 20.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 18.

AC: 13 Fort: 14 Reflex: 13 Will: 18
HP: 31 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Diplomacy +11, Arcana +5, Streetwise +13, Athletics +6, Intimidate +11, Insight +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Bluff +7, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance +4, Heal +2, History +1, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion +1, Stealth +2, Thievery +2

FEATS
Bard: Ritual Caster
Human: Weapon Proficiency (Rapier)
Level 1: Melee Training (Charisma)
Level 2: Skill Swap

POWERS
Bard at-will 1: Vicious Mockery
Bard at-will 1: Cutting Words
Bonus At-Will Power: Guiding Strike
Skill Swap: Ominous Threat
Bard encounter 1: Fast Friends
Bard daily 1: Malevolent Mischief
Bard utility 2: Nose for Trouble

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Riding Horse, Riding Shark, Rapier, Leather Armor, Demonskin Tattoo (heroic tier)
RITUALS
Glib Limerick (3), Make Whole
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
[/sblock]

As to characters getting better at thievery, I can see it as being accomplished a couple different ways when you don't actively work to steal, open locks, etc

1) by the higher levels, you've seen enough locks opened that you kinda picked up on it, even if you're still not amazing.
2) nobody would expect that character to steal something, so most don't think twice when he tries to.

Make Whole hehehh love it.

I have no problems with thievery getting better with advancement I reskin skill themselves all the time.. when a mage uses thievery its one of his petty magics being turned to the effect... he traces a rune on the surface and snaps his fingers... a rather common magic but not his specialty of course.

My paladin type .. invokes "Justice Will not be denied" and slams his fist against the door... and divine power reverberates through the lock with a roar and kaching it opens

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Hehe, yes it is good to stay in context; though he does have a point. It didn't start the "jumped the shark" trope for nothing, after all. In case it had been missed in the browsing, I paid a small homage to this as well by giving Fonzie a riding shark.

Remove ads