D&D 4E How would you re-envision Greyhawk with 4e?

Najo

First Post
So, 4e has come out. You are working on the WOTC staff incharge of making the campaign guide for the 4e Greyhawk setting. What changes do you make to the setting? What do you focus on for the players to do? How do you change D&D game play? What changes do you make to the story? What sort of content do you plan for the campaign guide?

Last edited:

Voss

First Post
Before I answer, can I request that we consolidate these in one thread so you aren't spamming the board with this stuff?

But to answer the question... I don't think you need to. Use the rules, keep the fluff. You may have to tweak some NPCs, classwise, but that will get easier and easier as more stuff gets released.

But, aside from some very setting specific stuff that needs to be handled a case to case basis, the rules change doesn't effect any setting all that much.

Najo

First Post
Voss said:
Before I answer, can I request that we consolidate these in one thread so you aren't spamming the board with this stuff?

But to answer the question... I don't think you need to. Use the rules, keep the fluff. You may have to tweak some NPCs, classwise, but that will get easier and easier as more stuff gets released.

But, aside from some very setting specific stuff that needs to be handled a case to case basis, the rules change doesn't effect any setting all that much.

I am not spamming. Each dicussion is intended to be kept in its own threads for keeping poster focus on that one campaign setting. Mushing the threads together defeats keeping the feel, brainstorming and concepts around each campaign seperated which was why I intentional posted them as their own threads.

I would have put up one campaign setting at a time, but people would have just started other threads potentially and I have specific direction I want to take with them for market research. I wasn't putting up anymore, and the less popular discussions will drop off before you know it. It will be fine.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Assuming any of this older settings are ever released again, I would hope that some of the basic assumptions of 4e are adapted to the specific setting instead of the other way around.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Najo said:
So, 4e has come out. You are working on the WOTC staff incharge of making the campaign guide for the 4e Greyhawk setting. What changes do you make to the setting? What do you focus on for the players to do? How do you change D&D game play? What changes do you make to the story? What sort of content do you plan for the campaign guide?
I'm curious about your thread title question.

Do you mean "revise" or "re-envision"?

The Little Raven

First Post
Ranger REG said:
I'm curious about your thread title question.

Do you mean "revise" or "re-envision"?

Probably either. I suspect he is merely asking "If you were in charge of Greyhawk for 4e, would you pull an FR and make big changes (re-envision), or pull an Eberron and keep things the same (revise)?"

Greg K

Legend
I'd start by
a) pullling out the Suel Pantheon deities that are core in 3.5 and reinsert the remanining deities EGG created for Greyhawk

b) license it to Paizo and have Eric Mona be in charge

c) let Sean K. Reynolds design the faiths using the his Dragon articles on the Greyhawk deities as the basis.

d) restablish the flavor from prior to "From the Ashes"

e) reinstate vancian magic (I don't mind it as an alternative system for a setting I just dislike it as a core magic system for the game as a whole). and make some spells rituals.

f) reinstate the Great Wheel (again, not a fan of it as core, but it belongs in Greyhawk)

Remove ads