• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HUGE Doctor Who news coming tonight! [Spoilers]

Herschel

Adventurer
It seems weird to me that we haven't heard more about them. FWIW Amazon has "The Tenth Planet", "The Ice Warriors"(39) and "Moonbase"(33) and others listed for pre-order, but no release date yet. Amazon UK has "Doctor Who: Regeneration" which is a box set of all the regeneration stories, including "The Tenth Planet", with a release date of June 24th listed. However, the box set also lists that animation was used to complete that particular story with surviving sequences where they remain.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It seems weird to me that we haven't heard more about them.

It doesn't seem weird to me. Assume that the thing leaked before the BBC was really ready to announce. Someone (or, really, many someones) have to watch the episodes, probably remaster, edit, create commentaries, document, and otherwise beat into shape some tapes that have been sitting in someone's closet suffering bitrot for decades.

That's kind of a big job. If I were them, I'd like to have a really good picture of how much work there is to do, and what's actually going to be done, before opening my mouth.

That's if they even exist. The BBC has neither confirmed nor denied anything about them.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I was thinking that the planned releases were going to have animation replacing the lost video, as with Reign of Terror and The Invasion.

I had heard that, for use in bits where they still had the audio, but the video had been degraded. But given how many of the actors have passed on, I don't know how viable it woudl be to replace large sections with new animated video and new voice acting.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I would love to spend some quality time with the person who perpetrated this rumor, expressing myself in a meaningful way, as a warning to the next 10 generations, that sometimes that 15 minutes of fame comes at too high a price.

Remove ads