• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HUGE Doctor Who news coming tonight! [Spoilers]

Herschel

Adventurer
I was rather bummed to hear the news, thinking Smith was good for at least one more season, hoping he'd go around 6. That said, he's starting to get film roles now and he may think this is the way to go.

I think Ben Daniels would be good, Jack Davenport would be an interesting choice, Ben Miles might also if they want to go a little older with the role without going truly patrician. Richard Madden is now available, though it would be tough for him to remain spoiler-free if he were actually in the lead role. :)

Andrew Lincoln, Harry Lloyd, Charles Mesure and Damian Lewis would also be interesting choices, though I'm not particularly fond of that idea. James Nesbitt would be awesome, and completely unlikely.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'd like to see Richard Coyle take a spin at the helm of the T.A.R.D.I.S.

And/or a spinoff show- lets call it "Legends of the Time Lords", here- in which each episode or short story arc features a different actor as a Gallifreyan having some kind of adventure in time & space.

Good OR Evil.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I was rather bummed to hear the news, thinking Smith was good for at least one more season, hoping he'd go around 6. That said, he's starting to get film roles now and he may think this is the way to go.

The guy is 30 years old, has made a name for himself on Doctor Who. He's probably moving into the prime of his acting career. It is quite reasonable to not be pinned down to such an iconic role that can get him typecast too much in the future.

Let's just be heretical. Kill off the Doctor for good, and have someone take up the mantle of his name without actually being a time lord.

Oh, and since I assume they won't do that . . . can they at least make him a ginger?

Orius

Legend
What, and end one of the BBC's cash cows?

Aren't they getting close to the end of this cash cow? I don't follow Who very closely, but from what I understand, Time Lords can only regenerate 13 times, and we're up to what, the 11th Doctor or something?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Aren't they getting close to the end of this cash cow? I don't follow Who very closely, but from what I understand, Time Lords can only regenerate 13 times, and we're up to what, the 11th Doctor or something?

That was a rule imposed by the Time Lords (they also offered the Master a whole new set of regenerations) who aren't around any more. They're not going to cancel a show because of a throwaway line in an episode 30 years ago when it can be changed with another simple throwaway line. Besides, he's already said (in a Sarah Jane Adventures ep) that he can now regenerate 504 times.

Remove ads