I have a confession - I am a rat bastard DM!

Kafkonia

First Post
MPA said:
You player should control the actions of his character, not you.

The player is controlling his character. Maybe you misread the part where the player changed characters and his first one became an NPC?

Kafkonia

First Post
Rhun said:
Sounds like a great game to me. I love it.

Indeed. Especially since, from Demitri's point of view, it probably looks like his girlfriend left him for an orc.

Man, I'd probably turn Chaotic Evil from that.

Michael Morris

First Post
MPA said:
You player should control the actions of his character, not you.
As others have pointed out, the character is now an NPC. I gave the player the choice between the two characters and made it very clear to him at that time the other becomes an NPC.

The funny part is I'm playing the character pretty much as the player would have. The player said from the start that Demetri was fascinated by and probably would become a Necromancer. He's gonna regret those words....

wayne62682

First Post
That is eeeevil... I love it :D I applaud you.

If I had ever done that, my (then) girlfriend would have killed the Orc and been like "There, now you can play your other character ^_^" :p

MPA

First Post
I know the player was using mainly his orc character, but his other character is still his. PCs don't sudenly become JCs.

Merkuri

Explorer
Demetri would become a GREAT on-going villain if he manages to survive this encounter. You might want to give him an escape route.

Our worst enemy is the one who used to be "one of us."

You can do a Darth Vader thing with him. Have him loyally serve the BBEG, being the one the PCs usually encounter rather than the BBEG himself. As it gets close to the final battle, give Demetri some opportunities to redeem himself, but let the character's actions heavily sway him, so essentially they determine whether he is at the last battle fighting with them or against them.

Last edited:

Remove ads