D&D 5E I like magic (It's MAGIC!), and I like to cast spells as a ...

I like to cast spells as a ...

• Bard

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Cleric

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Druid

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Warlock

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Wizard

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Poll closed .

Oofta

Legend
I'd need multiple choice for this - they're all fun. Although I haven't had a chance to play a bard yet. :(

But seriously? No paladins? BLASPHEMER! :rant:

pdegan2814

First Post
Voted Warlock, I like the simpler spell slot maintenance, I like the extra stuff you can pick up via Invocations, and I really like the flavor of the whole Pact/Patron thing. My go-to is usually an Archfey Tomelock(because I'm a HUGE Harry Dresden fan), but I'm currently playing a Pact Of The Raven Queen Warlock from the UA and it's very fun :)

Mephista

Adventurer
I went with warlock, since that's my usual go-to class. But I'm actually kinda burned out on the current incarnation - too much eldritch blasting, not enough other things.

I usually like bards, too, but something is just missing here. A certain je ne se qua.

Sorcerers bore me. Same with clerics and wizards. I'm down with a druid, though.

jgsugden

Legend
Your comments on Warlock are unfair and misinformed if you think that all they do is spam Eldritch blast. At second level you can get unlimited illusions and you get to cast 2 spells per SR, which means 4 or 6 spells per LR. The last mid-level warlock I played had a rod of the pact keeper +1, a wand of fireballs, and boots of flying. He spammed Eldritch blast a lot, but he also dropped a lot of fireballs, created a lot of illusions, and was the PC that manipulated the environment the most (lock the door, break down the bridge, etc...) I did not feel like an Eldritch Blast machine gun.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Your comments on Warlock are unfair and misinformed if you think that all they do is spam Eldritch blast. At second level you can get unlimited illusions and you get to cast 2 spells per SR, which means 4 or 6 spells per LR. The last mid-level warlock I played had a rod of the pact keeper +1, a wand of fireballs, and boots of flying. He spammed Eldritch blast a lot, but he also dropped a lot of fireballs, created a lot of illusions, and was the PC that manipulated the environment the most (lock the door, break down the bridge, etc...) I did not feel like an Eldritch Blast machine gun.

. . . but you also did not feel comfortable playing a warlock who didn't even know eldritch blast. It is too integral to the current design philosophy of the class.

I side with [MENTION=6786252]Mephista[/MENTION] here. I love what a warlock should be, but the class is seriously handicapped by the nearly all-encompassing focus on that one spell.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
. . . but you also did not feel comfortable playing a warlock who didn't even know eldritch blast. It is too integral to the current design philosophy of the class.

I side with [MENTION=6786252]Mephista[/MENTION] here. I love what a warlock should be, but the class is seriously handicapped by the nearly all-encompassing focus on that one spell.
Personally, I think the problem is with the players who feel that they are somehow gimping themselves if they don't take eldritch blast and then back that spell up with hex and the +charisma to damage invocation.

The signature of champions.

Remove ads