• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I love EN World :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I walked into a Connecticut hotel for a gaming con, and some guy standing at the registration desk said "Piratecat? It's Piratecat!" It was Rugger, who'd I never met before -- and he's most definitely not a hawt girl, darn it all. But it was really surreal.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Twin Rose said:
I've got this phone number from a random hot girl because of my EN World t-shirt. I'm guessing this isn't something that happens often.

right! maybe it's never happened before! ;) that's some awesome gamer-fu you've displayed, there.

Wraith Form

Explorer
Twin Rose said:
I went out today wearing my EN World T-Shirt. At a punk rock show. This girl comes up to me and she's "Oh my god, you go to EN World? I work for Wiz Kids and (insert EN World story)".
My GIRLFRIEND--!

:(

Where can I get a tee, so that I can get a new girlfriend?!?

Wraith Form

Explorer
MavrickWeirdo said:
Nope. I have never managed to impress any women by saying "I'm an ENWorlder." (God knows I've tried).
Me either. Does the fact that my shirt barely covers my fat gut make any difference?

(Mal Reynolds: (suddenly insecure) "Well, what - you - is there blubber?")

Last edited:

Rugger

Explorer
Piratecat said:
I walked into a Connecticut hotel for a gaming con, and some guy standing at the registration desk said "Piratecat? It's Piratecat!" It was Rugger, who'd I never met before -- and he's most definitely not a hawt girl, darn it all. But it was really surreal.

I'm NOT a hawt gamer girl? Crap. Better tell the (t-minus 4 days and counting) Wife...

<runs off bawling>

;)

-Matt

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Twin Rose said:
I went out today wearing my EN World T-Shirt. At a punk rock show. This girl comes up to me and she's "Oh my god, you go to EN World? I work for Wiz Kids and (insert EN World story)".

I've got this phone number from a random hot girl because of my EN World t-shirt. I'm guessing this isn't something that happens often. BUT ... I want to start a thread because I'm curious what you guys may have gone through as EN Worlders where you meet EN Worlders in real life - outside of cons.
You know she is going to be checking out your post now, (this one too)! ;) But then you can check her's out too. :cool:

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
i wear my ENWurld tee to work at least 1 day a week, twice on Sundays.

i haven't met any other gamers at work. but i have met some visiting Hotlanta. BSF a couple times most recently.

and i housed The Jester on his US tour 02.

Henry

Autoexreginated
GwydapLlew said:
Heh. I know. I told them that she had this guy hanging around her who would crush them like twigs. :D

Of course, for some real fun, tell them he works for a secret government department that could make them disappear... at any time. And when you do, have a camcorder handy so we can seee the reaction. ;)

As for me, I've never met anyone outside of game cons and my own game group who was part of ENWorld. However, it's not unexpected, since I don't wear my "ENWorld affiliation" much. I do have two homemade ENWorld T-shirts (both badly faded nowadays) but I don't wear them much.

Remove ads