I would like to buy a MEGA-adventure

Staffan

Legend
I'd love to see a mega-adventure in the vein of Dark Sun's Dragon's Crown, which wasn't just a big dungeon like Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (OK, one really big dungeon and 2-3 smaller ones). Dragon's Crown took you all over the world (well, the main part of the world which is about as big as Spain) and put you in a couple of very different situations. It was also very world-specific, which I guess is a disadvantage commercially, but it's very nice if you do run things in that world.

mac1504

Explorer
Fantasy Flight Game's Midnight: Crown of Shadow is not an epic adventure per se, but it states that it will take you from 1st to 5th level. It also seems that it does much more than just dungeon crawls, and takes the players on a comprehensive tour of that campaign setting's world.

mac1504

DaveStebbins

First Post
Necromancer Games has estimated October as the release date for their update and expansion of one of the first mega-modules ever made, Judges Guild's Caverns of Thracia. The original is one of my all-time favorites, I have run it many times over the years.

-Dave

Lazybones

Adventurer
DaveStebbins said:
Necromancer Games has estimated October as the release date for their update and expansion of one of the first mega-modules ever made, Judges Guild's Caverns of Thracia. The original is one of my all-time favorites, I have run it many times over the years.

-Dave
Ah, that was a classic. Ran it twice, for two different groups, had a great time on both occasions.

On a mega-mod related issue, has there been any talk of a revision/update of Undermountain?

johnsemlak

First Post
Lazybones said:

On a mega-mod related issue, has there been any talk of a revision/update of Undermountain?

There has been at least one mention that I am aware of. Something posted as news at EN World, I believe it was a quote from a WotC honcho at the WotC boards (andy collins?) hinting at a waterdeep/undermountain hardcover in 2004. Nothing firm though.

Mista Collins

First Post
Well I am running a Mega-Adventure Module right now, but if you were interested in running it, it would require some work to convert it to 3E or even 3.5E because it was originally wrote for 2E.

The module is "Underdark: Night Below". It is probably one of the better modules I have read through. It takes characters from levels 1-10. Then again this was based on 2E. I figure that in order for the characters to finish the module, they will need to be somewhere around 13th-14th.

Since this is an Underdark module, you could easily find a way to tie it in with City of the Spider Queen.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
johnsemlak said:

There has been at least one mention that I am aware of. Something posted as news at EN World, I believe it was a quote from a WotC honcho at the WotC boards (andy collins?) hinting at a waterdeep/undermountain hardcover in 2004. Nothing firm though.

If true, I hope they take the time to flesh out the whole thing. The problem I had with the box sets were the fact that so much was left for DMs to develop themselves. I understand the theory of "making the module your own", but in practice, If I want to design a dungeon I can do that on my own. If I buy an adventure, I don't want to have to fill in the blanks.

I'd love to see Undermountain completed, though. They only made it through about half the dungeon levels in the 2E version.

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
Play the banewarrens . Play it often. Play it now. I've never seen a better mega-module, save for perhaps Bruce Cordell's Return to the Tomb of Horrors . It's that good.

Remove ads