IA: A Teacher for Laynie

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The trio asks for directions and heads towards the library.*

(OOC: Okay, now I have to ask about the Orussus library...as I mentioned in the IA thread, sometimes I hate GMing in Orussus :()

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Reaching the library, the group shuffles inside, where they are greeted at the entrance by a crotchety old librarian in thick glasses:*

"You folks members of the Library or one of our partners?" she asks, "If not, you're going to need to pay to reference our texts."

HugeOgre

First Post
Hewj Ogr lies in wait.

Hewj stood across from the massive building he had seen the rest of the party enter. He smiled as he wrapped the cloak around his features again, secretly thanking the shaman who had taken enough pity on him to teach him basic letters. A library. If Hewj was deciphering the word correctly it was a place where people stored information on scrolls and within large tomes. Hewj knew he couldnt go inside. It would be too odd if he were spotted. A half orc for one, and one who the group would no doubt remember seeing in the tavern. No, no he would stay here and wait for the group to reemerge, at least for a little while...

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
*Reaching the library, the group shuffles inside, where they are greeted at the entrance by a crotchety old librarian in thick glasses:*

"You folks members of the Library or one of our partners?" she asks, "If not, you're going to need to pay to reference our texts."
"Well, you look like a knowledgable young woman, and we're just looking for some current information, perhaps you can help," Vanitri says. "We're just looking for someone who may know something about a magical accademy or order or some such. Do you think you might be able to help us out, or at least direct us to someone who can?"

OOC: Diplomacy +4

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, you Freefolk and your flattery..." the old woman laughs sharply, readjusting her spectacles, "I can direct you to the Arcana section of the library if you pay your entrance fee."

Bront

The man with the probe
"That would be delightful, thank you." Vanitri says. "How much is the fee?"

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That depends on whether you just want a one-day clearance or if you would prefer to become a lifetime member. It is 10 gold per day to visit, plus extra if you want to borrow a book or have something transcribed. But if you become a member, it only costs 100 gold, and then you have unlimited access plus the ability to take out one book at any given time for free as long as you return it promptly, available for most books."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, but only one guest..."

She looks down to Laynie and gives a slight smile:*

"However, children can enter for free... the smile becomes more stern "As long as they are supervised and they keep quiet."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Laynie here's a good girl. Aren't you?" Vanitri asks Laynie.

"I'll take a membership for myself then."

Remove ads