IA: A Teacher for Laynie

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yep, I am. I like libraries! Is this a library? Libraries are so great! They've got lots and lots of books and stuff. Mommy and Daddy had a big big library."

"A membership? Thank you very much, Mister...Well, we'll figure that out with the forms. Come with me to fill out the forms for your membership, and we'll enter you into the ledger and get you a nice little illuminated certificate of membership."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Follow me, Mister Vanitri."

*The librarian leads Vanitri, with Laynie and Mearran in tow, into the library proper, where shelves and shelves of books stretch in all directions.*

"Wow! That's lots and lots and lots of books!" Laynie says, in awe about all the books.

*Taking a few turns, the librarian stops at a wing filled with thick, musty tomes covered with mystic symbols, many of which are written in Draconic and planar languages.*

"Here you are--the Arcana section. If you need anything, please ask a staff member," and she heads back through the rows of shelves.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Thank you." Vanitiri says to the clerk.

Vanitri looks around for any books about acadameys, as well as any studious mages who might be able to point him in the right direction.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As Vanitri looks around, trying to find any books about academies or even just books that he can read, Laynie follows after, jiggling about excitedly, but eventually she gets bored and pulls a book at random off the lowest shelf, the only one she can reach, heading for one of the reading desks.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Uhhh....let me check. Umm, it's Advanced Studies in Thaumaturgy by Draelik Vryden. Sounds like fun!"

*Vanitri doesn't see any people in this part of the Arcana section, but if he'd like, he can search through all the aisles quickly, paying less attention to the books, to see if anyone is on the other side of any of the stacks and shelves.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Vanitri takes a quick survey among the stacks and shelves of books, and he finds an absent-minded looking man scribbling down things from one of the books in the corner as well as a plain-looking woman with a rather large nose, which is stuck in a book at one of the other reading desks.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri will ask both of them, politely. "Excuse me, I'm looking for information arcane Academies, I believe this one is called the Colorful or Chromatic or something. Would you happen to know where I might look, or perhaps know about it yourself?"

Remove ads