[IC] Aundair's Sorrow (Closed)

Fenris

Adventurer
DM, Tulia
[sblock] "Yes, Nature is indeed a harsh mistress, cold and uncaring. But she can nurture and bring life when she chooses. I doubt this was her work though. This seems the work of man."
As Tulia stoops to read the ground better Boarhide stays upright, sniffing the wind and watching the shifting shawdows.
[/sblock]

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Boarhide, DM:

[Sblock]Tullia looks up briefly at her companion. "You continue to amaze me, Boarhide. For as much as people have claimed you to be wild in the past, you have a decent comprehension on the destructiveness of civilization. I agree. The destruction is probably man's work. But nature is having a good time covering up for our mistakes." She pauses to listen a little and then adds, "Tell me of these wolves we track. I'm not sure I quite understand their full history."[/Sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
DM and Tullia
[sblock] "No, Tullia, I have just seen what Nature can do, and it does not do this, therefore it must have been man. Though Nature will take it back if she is allowed. As to our quarry, I do not know much. They are evil traitors. Once, long ago they had been part of our tribe. But they committed foul, what do you call them again, ah yes, crimes, against our chieftan, our tribe, our totem, our people. To find them and slay them will be great honor to me and great joy to the Wolf totem they falsely carry. They were Wolf though, so they are crafty, they are hunters as well. Why they are trying to do what they do now, I can only say that since they have no totem, they have no spirit to guide them and do much evil." Replies Boarhide gripping his axe tightly as he speaks of his tribal enemies. [/sblock]

edit D'oh, no end tag!

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
DM and Boarhide

[Sblock] Tullia adds, "Well then. It will be my honor to help restore your honor. And as for the prey ... we must be careful to not become the prey ourselves."[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
DM
[sblock]Telas makes his way to the orrery, struggling to balance the heavy books and his notes as he walks. Reaching the room, he hands the books off to a servant, absentmindedly giving thanks under his breath as the mystical form walks alongside, carrying the tomes. It still was difficult for him to stop doing that, even though Jared had chided him about it in the past. Look at me, he thought. I've gotten all mannered in this soft life. A smile played across his green features as he walked up to the table, placing both hands on the end and peering over the top.

"I have the notes from the work you requested, Professor." He takes a brief moment to describe his findings, careful not to leave out a single important detail. "What are you looking at?" he asks curiously.

ooc: The assumptions you made about Telas's time in the library sound great. Sorry it took me so long to get this post up.[/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Tullia and Boarhide[sblock]Silence and shadows envelop and mute everything in the pale light of the three moons above. The ruins of Thraesor are eeriliy quiet as you look about for your prey.

Tullia[sblock]While you concentrate on the tracks you could swear that you heard the muted giggling of children that ends as abruptly as it started.
[OOC: (tracks) They seem to hurriedly try to cover their tracks and they continue on to far end of the ruined village. There are only 2 "hidden" tracks going away from here and 3 coming in that are about a half an hour old. ][/sblock] Boarhide[sblock]You can feel the pent up desire for vindication of your Wolf spirit roiling to be released as you hear a quiet chorus of wolves in howling the distance.

[OOC: What is your totem animal? You do not need one if you do not want one. I defined that part of your character history. If you do not like it we can change it or have it apply to a diffent tribe that you happen to be helping. I am flexible. You might not prefer that I have taken certain liberties with your character history. If you do not like it so much please let me know! :D

It is your character and I do not want to make him something that yoou do not want him to be. ;)
][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
DM and Boarhide:

[Sblock]Tullia holds up a hand to Boarhide to let him know that she's noticed something. She points to the ground and indicates only two sets of tracks leading out of the ruins as well as the three sets of tracks leading in. "Leaves one behind." She whispers just loud enough for Boarhide to hear over the wind.

[Sblock]Tullia will again try to make a listen check: mod: +8 (2 WIS + 6 ranks)[/Sblock][/Sblock]

FreeXenon

Tullia and Boarhide[sblock]Boarhide[sblock]After Tullia points it out notice it as well. Three sets of tracks lead to this spot and a quick attempt was made to cover the tracks as two sets lead to the back end of the ruins and the third just disappears.[/sblock]You both take a moment to listen and look carefully for any sign of watchers or an ambush, but in the utter silence and muted shadows of the night you notice nothing out of the ordinary.

Tullia and Boarhide[sblock]
[OOC: Tullia add Urban Tracking to your list of feats. Free of Charge.

Boarhide add the following custom feat to you list of feats free of charge:
Totem Animal (Wolf) [General]

Prerequsite: Rage class feature, Totem Animal, Eldeen Reaches
Description: Due to your barbarian traditions you gain a special connection to the beasts that you revere as your totem animal. Your connection to this creature provides you with some special benfits as long as you are true to your tribe and totem.
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus to resist all trip atempts and a +2 bonus to animal empathy or animal handling checks with wolves.
Special: If you betray your tribe or totem you lose the benefits of this feat and all feats that branch from it and will suffer a -4 penalty to animal empathy and animal hadling checks with you totem animal until you have atoned for your deeds. Exceptions will be noted in the respective feats.][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

FreeXenon

Telas[sblock]"Gooood Morning Telas. Heh, heh!" the professor says as he affectionately ruffles your hair. The professor waves his hand behind himself at no one it particular and in a specific fashion that you are familiar with. An unseen servant brings forth a stool for you to stand on so that you can see the table and map clearly. He tries to hide a lopsided smile as you take your place on the stool. "Maybe you can shed some light on this, Telas. There is going to be a conjuction of the moons in several days and something special is going to be happening - if I am correct. We are not agreed as to where. Jared is adamant about it being located in the forests near Whisper Rock and I think that it is located in the forests near Thaliost." Jared nods with great confidence as the professor says his name.

While you go over with them your findings and research Jared's face seems a bit perturbed that your research has not proven him right. "Maybe your research is wrong, rat-boy." Jared snears. The professor shoots Jared and sharp look, but Jared seems unphased at the professor's dissaproval.

"Interesting. It seems we were both wrong. Hmmm. If this is correct we.... it will be happening in either on the Eldeen side or the Audair side. Hmmm... He slowly strokes his chin as his eyes look in the distance in momentary thought and then says "Telas, where do you think it will happen?"

Your first thought when he asks you this is that in the forests near Windshire there was a group of estranged druids following some sort of arcane tradition that held a circle of trees sacred. They were a bit extreme and ruthless but they protected their copse well. Small expeditions have gone there and many that have come back have gone completely mad after returning.

[OOC: I've taken a little bit of literary license with the decipher script skill for convenience. It has take you a few days to do the proper research.

Map for Reference: Aundair is in the North Central part of the the continent.
http://pages.videotron.com/sebby777/khorvaire_complete.jpg
[/sblock]

FreeXenon

Ari[sblock][OOC: Add the Dragon Prophesizer feat from the Magic of Eberron book to your list of feat free of charge. If you do not have access to it It will post it for you.]

It is barely a week after your graduation and your family is filled with joy an pride for their blessed son of Aureon. Your parents are so very happy that were able to provide you with the home and schooling that allow you to live up to your potential. They are not sure what it is that they did right, but they are happy, so very happy. They have not given suggestions as to what your future should hold in quite a few years. On occasion they have asked you but this is now a rare moment as they understand that you will know best. As only you can see the world through your most prodigious eyes which something that they could never hope to understand or truly appreciate.

When they look at you you see wonder, awe, and respect for the man that you have become and for all of the potential that that lay at your feet. You know more about so many things than most people could ever think of knowing. Your parents have found it hard for quite a long time to have a conversation with you for your know so much more than they do. They seem almost hesitant, worried about looking stupid or simple in your sagacious sight. They are simple merchants who have had a great luck in their commercial endeavors - not a planned brilliance that has come to fruition as they know you could engineer.

Your parents would love to have you with the family business but they know that your future lies else where. Maybe in another city, another country, or even in a distant land where mythical beasts roam and maraud. To walk on the streets of gold of the ruins of the past, to comprehend that which is incomprehensible. They see that in your eyes. The Eyes of Aureon are what you see the world with so says your Aureon mentor, Frallan, and your parents believe this. You future lies in the grace of Aureon and they will do what ever it takes for you to get where ever it is that you want to go. They love you and want you to be all that you want to be.

During the last 6 months of you schooling you and your family have received letters and visits from many, many different people and organizations, many of which you have never heard of. You have received invitations and/or visits from this non-inclusive list: every single Department of Wynarn University that you have studied with, every single related department at Arcanix, 4 private nobles that wish to have someone quite educated to help them with their "philanthropic endeavors", 6 private libraries/scholarly institutions from the greater Passage and Marteplace area, and 10 nobles and merchant guilds from Breland, Karnnath and Thrane. You have also had 4 offers from various churches of Aureon throughout Aundair to attend and minister there. So very many offers. Your parents have been shocked and surprised at the sheer amount of interest in their young son. Not surprised that you are so very well educated, but that people from throughout the world are seeking your attention. They have come bearing gifts and promises of all sorts.

To be continued...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads