[IC] Aundair's Sorrow (Closed)

Bobitron

Explorer
FX:

[sblock] As unphased as Jared is by the Professor's disapproving glare, Telas looks unconcerned by Jared's comment. He returns the disdain with a smile. I must remind Skree to dump something nasty in his bed later on, he thinks, but quickly shakes the thought out of his head. "What do I think? Well.." His voice trails off to silence as he considers the facts and the conjecture. He had known this question might come.

"I would say the forests near Windshire. The area contains a group of druids. They hold a sacred circle of trees in a strange arcane tradition. The grove had a reputation as being extreme and more than a little ruthless, but they did their job well; the grove has never been desecrated." Telas's voice betrays a grudging respect. "A couple expeditions have been sent to investigate the chances of something big happening there during the conjunction, but those who returned came back mad." He shrugs. "I think they are whacko, meself. I mean, worshipping trees? Trees are nice and all, but I'm not about to kill or make some poor bloke mad over a overgrown chunk of flora."[/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Telas[sblock][OOC: Add the Research feat from the Eberron Campaign setting to you list of feats. Free of Charge.]

The professor tries hard to hold back a smile which eventually explodes into a deep hysterical rasping laughter and almost seems to border on a not so well known spell that has been reported to kill people via laughter. After 3 or 4 minutes of red faced, eye bulging, deep guffawing the professor looks around and realizes that he's the only one laughing, props himself up using the table, and slowly stands up.

His laughter ceeds slowly as a chuckle or three escape while he dusts off his clothes and quickly regains his professional composure. He slaps you on the back and says "Telas, my green friend, I really enjoy your fresh look on life." he smiles broadly. "Ahhh... whew!!" he exhales deeply as color returns to his face.

Jared stares at the professor with shocked amazement as this whole 'moment' transpires. He looks to you and back to the professor with disbelief and knows not what to do.

"So, Jared I need you to..." as the professor's sentence is cutoff by a quite bell that seems to emanate from everywhere at once. The professor looks at Jared and Jared looks to the professor, and then they both look at you. The professor then looks to Jared and says "...get the door. Telas, get Marrissa nd make sure that she stays out of trouble." Jared bolts off and out of the room. "Go, go!" with hands that usher you out. He grabs his walking stick and makes for the door.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Boarhide and DM
[sblock]Tullia looks to Boarhide and adds, "Well, if you don't see anything or smell anything out of the ordinary, I guess we'd best follow the two tracks we can see."[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Tullia and DM
[sblock]
OOC: Thanks!

Boarhide finishes looking around carefully then speaks. "The tracks do disappear. But the man who made them did not. Perhaps he was carried by another, does one set of tracks become deeper?. Or like a crafty wolf, he leaped onto stone, which does not hold the memory of footsteps like the soil." And Boarhide points to the tops of the ruins around them. "We may find the tracks re-appear over the ruins. How old do the tracks appear to be Tullia?" [/sblock]

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Boarhide and DM
[sblock]
[sblock]What book is Urban Tracking from? If it is an Eberron Source, could you post it? Thanks for the feat, though! :)[/Sblock]

Tullia looks back to Boarhide. "Half-hour at best. They are not far. Can you jump up there are see if you can see something? I swear I heard laughter a moment ago...."[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Tullia and DM

[sblock]
OOC: I believe that Urban Tracking is from Unearthed Arcana, but originally appeared in Song & Silence. Though the 3.5 version is a bit different. If you don't have the book, I can send you the description. I owe you a write up :)

Boarhide grunts his agreement and placing his feet on the tracks looks to see where their quarry could have jumped to. He picks a wall, coils his powerful leg muscles and springs atop the wall.
[/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Tullia and Boarhide[sblock]A trinity of moons shine from above casting shadows everywhere. Boarhide leaps to the top of a cornerstone of a remnant building, and after a few moments of somewhat graceful balancing, he takes a look around to search for the elusive third.

[OOC: The tracks do not seem to deepen in any way so it is not at all likely that the third was carried.]

Boarhide[sblock]From your vantage point some 4 feet up you look around the ruins of the village, your eyes searching for any other track leading away from this area and you do not see any. It's as if the person just disaappeared, ceased to exist. Or as if the very spirit of the ruins are working against you, specifically hiding your prey from you as an act of defiance against the living creatures which defy their solitude and angry desolation. A passive-aggressive attempt to spurn your transgression.

Looking below you in pale luminscence of the night you notice something poking out of the vine covered interior corner of the ruins.

[OOC:Also if you are interested there is the alternate version of Barbarian that is found in Unearthed Arcana:

Wolf Totem Barabarian
A barbarian dedicated to the wolf totem does not gain the standard uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.
  • A 2nd-level wolf-totem barbarian gains Improved Trip as a bonus feat, even if he doesn't meet the normal prerequisites.
  • A 5th-level wolf-totem barbarian gains Track as a bonus feat.
][/sblock][/sblock]

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Boarhide and DM
[sblock]
[sblock]Unfortunately, I do not have UA. So if I could get a hold of that write up, that would be excellent![/Sblock]

Tullia lets out a subtle chuckle as Boarhide jumps and takes a moment to balance himself. "Don't fall, my firiend. Can you see anything? Because upon looking at these tracks, I do not believe the third was carried after all. The depressions do not sink farther, and the snow is not so compact as to resist the added weight easily."

Just for curiosities sake, Tullia draws an arrow and holds the shaft (the feathered end) in her hand. She waves the shaft of the arrow around her sporadically - especially over the area where the tracks dissapear. She is checking for any unseen presence that might still physically be present.
[/sblock]

Bobitron

Explorer
FX:

[sblock]Telas leaps into action, a wide grin splitting his face. "Aye, Prof!" He slaps his shoulder, signalling for Skree to jump up, then rushes upstairs to find Marrissa in her playroom.

ooc: Can you post a write-up for the Research feat for me? I can't be with my computer and books at the same time to transcribe it. Thanks! Sorry for the short post, busy at work.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Tullia and DM
[sblock]
[sblock] OOC: NF, No sweat, give me a day or so. FX, yeah I saw it and was considering it, but giving up Uncanny dodge was tough so I wet straight. But the new feat is super cool![/sblock]

Boarhide's keen eyes spots something below him. He, gestures for silence to Tullia, quietly draws his axe an leaps down to investigate the interior of the ruins.
[/sblock]

Remove ads