• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Shayuri

First Post
Maighan lets the others move ahead of her, then brings up the rear. Once everyone is clear, she casts a spell, causing the floor of the room behind them to writhe and twist, forming into a minefield of small sharp jags of stone. And yet, for one who didn't seem them form, they're almost impossible to see so thin are they, and so cleverly is the stone shaped and colored.

"Being attacked from the back will be...difficult," she says.

(Move north with party; when we're clear of the 20' radius circle centered on P/Q - 30/31, I'll Spike Growth there. That does 2d4 damage per 5' square moved through it. It's concentration so I can undo it when we're ready to leave.)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
(are there guards still standing?) If so, Carradoc attacks, "pew", the one at N23, or the closest one that's wounded, or a sleeper.

To hit: [roll0] (if with advantage, better of that and [roll1]). If a hit, damage = [roll2] necrotic.

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: The guards remaining are awake, unarmored, their weapons beside them. They can act on their turn, which is after the parties current turn. On the same round it's possible anyone else that was awakened by the skirmish during the surprise round might act as well.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The group slays the cultists in this room and then it's the cultists turn.

A humanoid with coal black skin marked with runes and hair of flame opens the door from his chamber and wastes no time greeting Lyzzie. "Trying to stir the pot dancing-girl?"

He proceeds to cast a spell. Lyzzie counterspells him and raises a middle finger.

Several hobgoblins wake and move towards the door near Kubeba. None hit.

Two priests move to the door near Dent, open it, and back off. They both cast fireball on the Paladin. Dent makes both saves and takes 23 points of fire damage (unless he has resistance or something else I'm forgetting).

Parties turn.

Lyzzie opens with a spell herself. Bastian Thermander (Genasi guy) counterspells her and pulls down the skin below his right eye and sticks out his tongue.

Attachments

• bastian.jpg
    bastian.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 358
  • map.png
    map.png
    970.6 KB · Views: 142

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Carradoc casts a spell hoping to take out some of the enemy. "Nighty night"

OOC: Sleep, centred on AE26, third level slot, and keeping all 4 in range of spell's effects, putting to sleep up to [roll0] hit points worth of creatures.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hearing Bastian's comments to Lizzie and seeing her reaction, Thaliss looks around the corner and releases a barrage of blasts towards the Genasi.

[sblock=ooc]
Bonus action: redirect hex onto Basien, disadvantage to dex checks

Move to W22, then back to W21

Action: Cast eldrich blast on Basien

Blast 1: attack [roll0]
Force damage [roll1]
necrotic damage from hex [roll2]
If blast hits, target is pushed back 10 ft

Blast 2: attack [roll3]
Force damage [roll4]
necrotic damage from hex [roll5]
If blast hits, target is pushed back 10 ft

Concentrating on hex Bastien

Note : Thaliss will cast shield as a reaction if he is hit by an attack that deals more than 8 damage (+5 to AC).
AC: 17
HP: 48/48 + 10temp

Resistance to fire (cloak) and lightning (leather armor)

Spells:
Sorceror: 3/4 1st level slots - 1 casting of hex
2/2 2nd level slots
warlock: 2/2 second level slots
Sorcery points remaining: 3
[/sblock]

River Song

Explorer
"I've got these," Kubeba shouts over his shoulder. "Take out the caster!"

Kubeba runs into the room laughing like a madman.

[sblock=action]

Move to Z24 and attack the two hobgoblins

conditions: Reckless attacks! rage.

First attack hits AC 18, Second Attack hits AC 15

Damage: First Attack 25, Second 19

If both die: move to AD24 and do Bonus attack from Feat. Otherwise attack one I didn't kill and move to AD24

Hits AC 16
Damage 28

links:
Attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [15, 5]+3 = 18
2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [7, 12]+3 = 15

Damage: 1D12+17 = [8]+17 = 25
1D12+17 = [2]+17 = 19

Bonus Attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [13, 13]+3 = 16

Bonus Damage: 1D12+17 = [11]+17 = 28

[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Thaliss hits once for 15 damage to the cultist knocking him back.

Kubeba lands one decisive blow killing a hobgoblin.

OOC: Dent, Miles, and Maighan have actions. Obviously I have Miles to run, will likely do it after Maighan's post, have not heard much from CB lately.

Remove ads