• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC - D&D 3.5) Rathan's Problem Down Under

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Berrek looked at the spot where tracks disapeared, brow furrowed in concentration.
Thinking: "Powerful enough wizard could fly off; cleric could air walk; druid could shape change hmmm. But maybe it's more simple...."
He stands directly on the end of tracks and looks straight up.
Saying: "It may be rope trick. But I don't know how to ascertain it. We could make one hell of surprised mage once he descends. And we can always stay hidden or retreat if he stays long enough for us to determine he is too powerful for us."

ethandrew

First Post
"Yeah, I'm seeing nothing." Anton states matter-of-factly. His adrenaline seems to be dropping after the thrills of the fight, combining with the rigors of a long day's travels, the cleric stifles a large yawn. He seems willing to defer the decision to others, willing to wait here (and hopefully rest) or make camp (and definitely rest).

unleashed

First Post
“Apart from finding evidence of some kind, such as someone pushing off as if to climb, there really is no way to prove your theory one way or the other Berrek ... unless something or someone emerges from the space such a spell creates,” Eltyr remarks, glancing up briefly to see if anything does appear from the space above. “So let’s just head back to the campsite we found and sleep on it.”

With that Eltyr turns around and walks off, heading for their campsite, unless something does actually appear as he looks up.

Neurotic

"Very well. If you don't mind, I'm curious I'd like to stay and watch. Or, if Menhir will stay, I'll sleep here and he'll watch. I don't have spells that need to be recovered, few hours of sleep should be enough. What say you Menhir, would you stay here?"

Berrek puts dry twigs in an area around where tracks dissapeared and then looks over the bodies of fallen for any valuables.

OOC: Berrek has no intention of waiting until something pops up, he will take 20 on hide, probably on some nearby tree (if possilbe with both door and the location within the range of his darkvision, if not, the location stays within 60') and prepare to sleep. He counts on his training to wake him (Quick recon + dry twigs)

ghostcat

First Post
Lidia is not convinced that the bad guy is still hanging around. However she certainly has no objections to Berrek keeping watch. It fact, she thinks its probably a good idea. The only thing is "Berrek its a good idea for someone to keep watch just in case you are right about there been a portable hole. However, we really need Menhir to keep watch while the spell casters get their rest.

Ambrus

Explorer
Menhir looks between Berrek and Lidia without comment; seemingly content to let the druidess speak on its behalf to determine the evening's arrangements.

Neurotic

Berrek shrugs. "Make camp two or three hundred feet from here. It hsould be safe enough for camp and far enough that I can warn you if needed. I'll stay here and keep watch. If you hear thunderstone going off come as soon as you can."

ghostcat

First Post
Lidia is not too keen on Berrek's idea. Especially has she has already found them a good camping place. However she recognises that a compromise is needed, so says "OK. Unless anyone has any objections we will do that."

ethandrew

First Post
"While I'm not too fond of the idea of sleeping so close to a pile of rotted bodies, I understand the reason behind it. This might seem like a silly question," Anton unclasps a few of his armor straps as he realizes the night is winding down. "But should we maybe build a pyre for the bodies?"

Ambrus

Explorer
Standing knee deep in the ground, the earth elemental responds to Anton's question with a suggestion of its own. Menhir merely points to the ground underfoot with a stubby stone digit.

Remove ads