• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

michael_noah

First Post
Kushnak watches with amusement as the party regains their familiar form. He adds his voice to the greeting, stating, "It's not really the place for a battle, but if you'll have one..."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Allustan's lips form the faintest of smirks. "Well," he begins in a sarcastic tone, "I suppose that old battle wizards that do not have hired guards of your caliber might pay the... toll. But us... hmmmm."

Nethezar, on the other hand, takes his typically scholarly tone. "Indeed, Bazrim, I think you are right. Eskard has been clearly itching for a fight. I do hope they give us one. The half-orcs need their exercise."

Though the party hears no verbal response from the "toll man" in the bushes, you quickly have reason to suspect that a fight might not be in the works. Even the less keen ears of Bazirm and Kushnak can tell that the noise they hear in the bushes sounds distinctly like retreat.

o3caudata

First Post
Eskard whimpers slightly, looking toward his friends and back toward the bushes. He takes a few quick but restrained steps toward the bushes before sagging his shoulders and glummly returning to his friends.

worthley

First Post
Bazrim consoles Eskard with a pat on the back. "In due time my friend." He then gathers himself, and readys to continue his travels down the path.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Allustan nods approvingly as the threat vanishes. "Discretion, I find, is the most important, yet simultaneously most oft lacking trait of good adventurers."

With that, the group continues onward.

The remainder of travel that day is without incident. The weather remains fair and the journey isn't too arduous.

You arrive at Shank's Rest a little before supper time. While there is still some daylight left, Allustan urges the group to take respite at the abandoned farm, noting that there will be plenty of time tomorrow.

The farmhouse itself is dry, cozy, and reasonably secure. Unlike the mine office where you'd spent the last couple days, the farmhouse is obviously frequently used, even though abandoned.

The sage quickly gets a fire going in the cooking pit and is soon brewing some tea. As he puts the kettle over the fire, he turns to the group and he gets a slight grin on his face. "I say... I have some eggs I've been saving. If any of you can tell me how many eggs you can eat on a empty stomach, I'll give them to you."

worthley

First Post
Bazrim responds before Eskard gets too far into thought. "It's not a riddle. How many eggs would you like to eat for supper?" Bazrim waits for Eskard's answer and then responds for himself. "Three for me please. But if it is a riddle, the answer is one, as our stomaches are no longer empty."

Last edited:

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel makes a slight grimace at the notion of an egg eating contest, muttering something about 'humans'. "I think I'll hold myself to one."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Allustan nods at Bazrim. "Yes, indeed. One it is. Well done. But I jest a bit. I have plenty of eggs for us all to have at least a couple with our meal." The sage, seeming quite familiar with this place, goes to a cupboard in the kitchen, finds some mugs, and wipes them off. "Anyone else for tea?"
[sblock=OOC]You guys can feel free to use this time to talk with Allustan and each other as much as you'd like.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads