• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

Dichotomy

Explorer
With the identifying finished and Kushnak's acquiescence, Nethezar gladly takes the diadem and suits it upon his head. It is a bit awkward with the helm from his suit of full plate, but the cleric makes it work.

"I appreciate your waiting," Nethezar thanks both Erdolliel and Eskard. "I most certainly want to see this place. I would also very much like to hear more about what happened to you, Erdolliel, on your... journey, let us say."

With that, the trio sets out for the Whispering Cairn while Bazrim and Kushnak remain behind working on items and spells.
[sblock=Ti & o3]OOC: I'm not sure how much time you guys want to spend on this. You, as players, know the features of the cairn already, and they ARE interesting. However, you are not going to find anything that you, as players, didn't see before. You are also not going to have any encounters aside from a stray dog, rat, or likewise that would run like a wild animal as soon as it saw you.

It WOULD be interesting from one standpoint to go through the place with Erdolliel's likely narration. So, Ti, if you'd like, I'm okay with you simply "narrating" a walk through the place along the lines of "as the trio enters room X, Erdolliel says Y," or something similar. Do you two have any thoughts?[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=TiDi]I'm alright with doing that, but i like the idea of doing it all at once... and i can't imagine eskard will be giving much real input, other than the general comic relief. So.... i dunno. I'll be around this weekend cause i'm on call so we could do it then.

I'm also ok with not doing it if we're just doing the fast forward mode thing too.

[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=DIO3]I'd say fastforward it as far as gameplay goes and if we are all on sometime we can see what Eskard says when he sees the steam or rides the elevator.

If Kushnak or Allustan want to sneak a peak we can rp that maybe, since new info might show up, but I bet that Allustan gave the first group all he knew, so we could just pretend we know it now too.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Finishing Day 20, 21, 22

[sblock=Ti & o3]Let's go with Ti's suggestion. This is REALLY starting to drag, and I'm growing fearful of the game's longevity if the next phase doesn't start soon.

You guys are able to explore the whole place. It is precisely as the last group left it (which probably means that you guys have no real sense of the struggle to get the lanterns, but oh well). Nethezar takes detailed notes, scribbling down the glyphs you see and whatnot. However, the scholar-cleric says that he has no knowledge of what any of it means.[/sblock]
The trio spends a thorough time examining the Whispering Cairn while Bazrim learns his spell and Kushnak labors on magical items. The time is spent and the group has gained much.

On the eve of the third day, the group readies to set out. Allustan will be waiting for your arrival in the morning.
[sblock=OOC (all)]Three days, right? I just wanted to give you guys a final opportunity to do anything else/talk before you set out.[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
"Girl, take this," Kushnak says as he hands over a well shined leather vest. "I suppose we should lay out our plan for the journey, then."

[sblock=ooc]I don't *think* there's anything mechanic wise we need to do... unless Neth wants to ID 2 more things during those 2 days.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
"Do we have any idea what might be asked of us? The sage mentioned you guys having to keep up your end of some 'bargain' for raising me.[sblock=oc]I'm not sure how many plans we can layout without Allustan to inform us, maybe I have to read back to when I was dead though.
Anyone want to ID my armor?[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Thank you for reminding me. Yes, Neth will ID two more things. I'm not going to pick what two, however. Neth has no vested interest in it.[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
"I'm not sure what to expect, but if a sage of this ability needs guides, I'm sure it will be quite the adventure."
[sblock=ooc]I want the wand ID'd[/sblock]

Remove ads