• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

TiCaudata

First Post
On each consecutive day Erdolliel brings her armor, the rope, and the wand to Nethezar to ID. If anyone complains, she will unceremoniously drop what she is holding and pick up what they want identified instead.[sblock=oc]that means tha if you want something different you have to say what it is, she'll coolly glare at you too.[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
Eskard spends the three days restlessly hunting and sparing with whoever is willing.

Assuming Alustan comes sometime, when he sees Alustan he jumps to his feet. "FINALLY. Can we go now?" He begins gathering his things and stands patiently near Alustan, waiting for anyone else to do the same.

[sblock=oc]so i think we're done not talking about anything. [/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
"Let's be off. Hopefully the rest will have cleared our heads.
[sblock=ooc]Alright then. I don't know why I needed a link from Ti to get here, but it works, whereas my bookmarks don't. I'm good with all that (though we should figure out the rod sometime, too)[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Day 23

The group gets one last nights rest. On the morrow, after praying, Nethezar identifies the last of the trio of items.

Relatively early in the morning, Allustan arrives at the mine office. The sage wastes no time with pleasantries. "Yes, stalwart warrior. We should be off."

Once the group is on its way, the sage explains that the journey to Blackwall Keep will take approximately two days. "I plan to spend the night at Shank's Rest." When the name appears to ring no bells, he continues, "It is the old abandoned Shank farmhouse along the road. Shank moved to the Free City quite a few years back after retiring. Never sold the house. Travelers have used it for years as a waypoint.

"I honestly don't expect much trouble on the trip, but a lone old man might look like a target for bandits, and I haven't been an adventurer for, I'm sure, a lot longer than any of you have been."

The weather is quite fair for the journey, and you seem to make reasonable time, considering that Nethezar is relatively burdened and Bazrim has short legs.

However, shortly after you make a brief pause for lunch, you pass a copse of trees. Erdolliel quickly sees at least two humanoids hiding in the shadows, and Eskard's keen ears tell him that something was moving in the brush.
[sblock=OOC]Mithral shirt is simply +1. Rope is of climbing. Wand is CLWs w/ 34 charges.

Sorry for the delay. I was also having trouble getting to the thread for some reason.

Oh, and as for "done not talking about anything," imagine the wonders of perhaps SAYING SOMETHING about your preference regarding the magic items, or even lack of such... I bet that would have made this take significantly less time.

FYI, I'm sick of :):):):):):):):) comments like that. I expect to not see more of them. Let me know if we need to discuss this at length.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel draws her bow and trains it on one of the humanoids. "Show yourselves or the big guy will rip your heads off."[sblock=oc]if this is a surprise round I'll just draw the bow and speak, if this is before initiative I'll draw the bow, speak, and ready to shoot any hostile creature I can. This includes spell casters casting. If I can't formally ready, I'll just do exactly what I posted.[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
As they plod along, Eskard rapidly switches from child-like excitement to utter boredom. Repeatedly asking how much further they have to go.

At the sound of something, Eskard draws his sword and steps toward the bushes.

"Come out ." he shouts at the bushes.

[sblock=oc]i'm sorry[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Both Allustan and Nethezar at least momentarily appear shocked by the outbursts of Erdolliel and Eskard.

However, immediately after the elf and half-orc call out, a voice, sounding a bit less confident that you might expect, says, "You... ah, have to pay a toll..."
[sblock=OOC]How about we stay out of initiative for now? I'll take your preparedness into account so as to possibly warrant a surprise round if things get there.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel doesn't allow her aim to waver, but calls out. "Allustan? You seem to be a fair amount better traveled in these parts than I am. Are they telling the truth?"

worthley

First Post
Bazrim gives a quizical look at Erdolliel. "You think our friend here would be willing to give up any amount of coin instead of fighting with whoever is hiding in the shadows there?" Gesturing towards Eskard. Bazrim finishes collecting himself, ready for battle.

Remove ads