• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Uh, yeah I'd leave y'all if you were in a no-escape room. Logically speaking, considering magic, the exits to this room may require some kind of key that we don't have. Probably the only saving grace is that I'm sort of confident we can rely on "game logic" and hope the module wouldn't stick us in a dead-end room without an exit. Then again, we were warned at the beginning that we're all probably going to die, so...

Whisper shook her head in the direction of the former entrance and hoped Koregar would take her advice. Unhappy with the turn of events, the halfling busied herself with circumnavigating the room, paying particular attention to the stone outcropping in the northern part of the room.

OOC: Wisdom (Perception) - [roll0]

tglassy

Adventurer
Koregar saw Whisper beckoning him to stay back, which he had already decided to do. He continued to try to open his Divine Senses, but it was taking a while...

Uller

Adventurer
"Yes, but this seems at least for the moment to be a much more comfortable prison, what with the lack of sightless abominations threatening to devour us and all. But I'm sure there are dangers here as well. Let's see what doom awaits!"

Siljar approaches the table an examines from a few feet away. First the sides and the area around it. Then the top if he sees nothing of note.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Creamsteak

Explorer
[sblock=Koregar]Koregar does not detect any undead, fiends, or celestials. [/sblock]

[sblock=Whisper]You notice that all of the quartz walls are similar, but the wall to the north appears to be granite or something similar. It looks like it's actually the result of some kind of cave in or damage to the structure. The walls could probably be climbable, getting more difficult as you get higher. The water is clean, though not visibly moving much.[/sblock]

[sblock=Siljar]The table looks quite a bit like a baby sarlac pit made out of green tentacle-like vegetation. At it's center are perhaps four hundred shark teeth forming an open circular maw that leads down into darkness. It has not moved at all since you've entered the room. Above this creature is a terrific globe of illusory light depicting cosmological or planar models moving slowly, rotating and orbiting each other within a dark brown, purple, and blue collection of gas. It is still fairly dim at the moment.[/sblock]

OOC: OK, I'm awarding the party 225 xp each at this juncture. I won't explicitly tell you why.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Koregar looks back up the stairs, then back into the room. He shrugs his shoulders, and steps into the cavern.

"Where the blasted else am I gonna go?" he mutters to himself as he walks through the threshold, turning around only to see a solid wall. He goes to inspect the water, to see if it looks safe to drink, though he doesn't touch it yet.

Uller

Adventurer
Siljar....still studying the green sarlac pit...in a liud whisper upon hearing the dwarf enter the room:

"Whatever you do, dwarf, do not hit anything with your axe....or with anything else for that matter."

I step bak a bit and allow more light from my 'light skull'.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Creamsteak

Explorer
With more light you can see more of the shapes within the globe. It seems to depict three stars, a red one, a yellow one, and a green one. Around each float a collection of planets, moons, and asteroids. Moving within the concoction of gas are shapes dancing with light and amorphous shifting shapes. It seems like many of the planetary and lunar bodies within the red and green star systems are largely surrounded by these things like swarming locusts. Further, these worlds seem pock marked with holes that spew forth more of the creatures till they form a cloud around their planetary bodies. Creatures from both worlds seem to ebb and flow towards the yellow star system in a trickle.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Finishing his meal Naeris stands up. "Well were all here and in one piece what's the plan?" I'm perfectly happy resting here for a while, I feel strangely safe here perhaps it reminded me of somewhere from my childhood"

Forged Fury

First Post
Whisper tested a chunk of granite to make sure it was settled. Assured that the rock wouldn't shift underneath her, she began to slowly scale the granite. Whistling softly, one of the few noises she could make above her croak, she attempted to attract Neharis' attention. "Think you can make some of those lights and send them up above? I'd like to see where this may lead..." she asked in a rasp.

OOC: Forgot an Athletics check, adding one to the OOC thread if needed.

Remove ads