• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Creamsteak

Explorer
Carefully stepping past the tentacles on the floor you get close enough to see that the amorphous shifting shapes seem to attack each other, the creatures seem to fight each other on their way towards the yellow star, the vast majority of them being broken up and dissipating from the conflict before they can reach it. Meanwhile larger and larger amorphous creatures seem to be gradually dominating the other creatures around the green and red stars that are not yet leaving. The shapes that are largest take on more and more solid and consistent shapes, like whales, squids, and sharks consuming their lessers and fighting among themselves.

Forged Fury

First Post
What Siljar said rang with a note of truth, although Whisper had heard awful stories from some of the other Thieve's Guild orphans of the cruel tricks drow would play on their captives. Then again, the same orphans told stories of a mythic beast called a tarrasque that would supposedly destroy the world one day. What did they know?

Settling in at the job at hand, she called down in a harsh rasp, "Looks like this was once a tunnel that collapsed. There seem to be a few smaller stones up here that may have been placed by hand. Can you tell anything, Koregar? I know you dwarves are good with stonework." Whisper pulled out a piton and tapped it into one of the large boulders. Taking her rope, she threaded it through the piton, tied it securely, and tossed it down over the side for her companions to use.

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: does it seem like my light is what is driving this? Or is it happening regardless of my light? Do I have any knowledge of the Uthgath barbarians amd their myths and legends that might pertain to this?

History
[roll0]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

tglassy

Adventurer
Koregar grasped the rope and began pulling himself up to where Whisper was, all the while grumbling under his breath about not being a durned spider.

OOC: Strength (athletics) check to climb, if needed. [roll0]

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Ill assume that passes [\ooc]

Once at the top, Koregar examines the rock formation that Whisper was referring to.

OOC: History check double prof. [roll0]

Creamsteak

Explorer
[sblock=Siljar]Your light simply illuminates this, it seems to happen in the dark, it's just not particularly easy to see.

They are totem based barbarians descended from the god Uthgar that worship various totem animals.

While largely debunked, historically the ancestors of the Uthgart warred against giants that had enslaved them. Those giants themselves worshiped older gods that during their time were very powerful and believed that the world would inevitably face a sort of Ragnaroc if the giants failed to curate the world properly. Frost giants supposedly depicted this Ragnaroc as being consumed by an endless shape-shifting whale of darkness and frost that would consume all that they called the Unmaker.[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Ill assume that passes [\ooc]

Once at the top, Koregar examines the rock formation that Whisper was referring to.

OOC: History check double prof. [roll0]
OOC:

OOC: History?

Koregar quickly determines that the fallen rocks here must have been caused by an earthquake or similarly powerful movement. The rocks seem fairly loose here, and it's possible messing with things could cause the whole tunnel to collapse upon you, but perhaps with careful work it's navigable. Spelunking is dangerous work.

Uller

Adventurer
Siljar decides that he'd best not comment on ties between the myths of barbaric peoples and the realities of the cosmos. Those without understanding would just think him mad and he'd prefer not to think to deeply on it himself lest he become so. He moves the light away and...feeling either over confident or maybe just a touch fatalistic he directs it instead into the maw to see what he can see in there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Creamsteak

Explorer
Bodily fluids glistening. Darkness. Greens and red shades. The creature itself has almost green petals around the rim of its mouth. You can't help but think it's hibernating.

Uller

Adventurer
...and Siljar decides he'll let it continue to hibernate...He moves to join the others and pulls stale heel of hard bread from a pouch to munch.

Remove ads