• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo limped around, his legs tingling something fierce. That... had not gone well. But they were all alive and mostly unhurt, so that was mattered in the end.

"Good work everyone! Your lizard-man friend is an impressive swordman, he cleaved some of the ghouls in twain! We are lucky to have you with us"

Rodrigo winced as his knees wobbled.

"I think we should take a short breather, I'm spent and I need a few moments to recharge"

(OOC: in game terms Rodrigo is suggesting a short rest)

Second wind post ghoul fight: 1D10+3 = [9]+3 = 12

[sblock=minisheet]Rodrigo Di Castalone, Human Fighter (battlemaster, criminal(spy)), level 3
HP: 28/28, Hit dice: 3/3
AC: 17
Passive Perception 14
Rapier: +5 to hit, 1d8+5 dmg
Main Gauche (if used main-handed and not to parry) +5 to hit, 1d4+3 or +5 dmg
Crossbow: +5 to hit, 1d8+3 dmg, range 80/320
Darts: +5 to hit, 1d4+3 dmg, range 20/60
Saves: Str: +3, Dex: +3, Con: +4, Int: +1, Wis: +2, Cha: 0
Second wind: 0/1, action surge: 0/1
Superiority dice: 0/4
Maneuvres: Riposte, Parry, Trip (DC 13)
Potions of healing remaining: 1[/sblock]

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb had discovered little about the malady which had struck those injured by the ghouls. He tried a few methods for drawing the venom from a wound, but these had no effect and he could only note the symptoms and eventual recovery as they happened for later note taking.

When Artus Cimber's turn came though, he noticed the indentation in his finger from a long worn ring which was no longer present. Giving no indication as to his observation he continued his work futile as it was.

As soon as he had finished, he sat down to rest a bit as the others attempted to get their feet back under them.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Yay, ye rest. Me and the lizard there will snoops round a bit." Dellrak says pointing over towards Dragonbait.

With that the dwarf walks over to the tent Miss Imogen had collapsed, assured nothing was left inside. He nods to the Saurial to help him heave the tent canvas over.

OOC: Short rest for those that need it, and we can kill some searching of mundane areas while they do.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dragonbait dragged the heavy mouldering canvas and its collapsed wooden frame to reveal its contents: A ruined bedroll on a wooden pallet; a small wooden desk with writing implements in poor, but usable condition; a rusted cookpot; a brass chamberpot. At the foot of the wooden pallet was a spot clearly meant for a mid-sized chest, but the chest was not there. In fact, enough was missing from the scene that it was probable that the occupant had left in a hurry, but had taken whatever could be carried along.

Fradak

Explorer
Chrysagon takes care of the wounded helping Harb as much as he can then takes some rest, questioning himself about his capacity to overcome the perils who await him.

Kyhton 28, Year of the Warrior Princess - Camp Righteous, Chult

High Lord Doom Indraeyan,

Like lost souls, we followed the Shoshenstar river as it was the Styx itself, leading us to our doom. Unnamed perils awaited our little company on the path to Camp Righteous but thanks to Kelemvor's protection, we finally attained our first step. We expected the Gauntlet outpost to be a corner of heaven in this endless green hell, but our hopes were dashed at the sight of the first undead abomination. Civilization seems definitely unable to expand in this jungle and it's hard to escape the conclusion that Chult is the deadliest place on all Faerune.

The Soulmonger remains hidden, deeply buried in one of those strange ruins. Is it beneath the city of Mezro? The old capital once ruled by the seven immortal Barae, famed for having spent five hundred years hidden from the world by magical means. Or on the petrified Heart of Ubtao, floating over the Aldani Basin. Or in the ruins of the ancient city Orolunga, where it is said that the guardian Saja N’baza can answer any questions. Or maybe in the hand of Ras Nsi and his Undead army.

The future, always so clear to me, has become like a black road at night. But I trust the Great Guide for I live by faith, not by sight.

I pray for you, My High Lord Doom, and may The Judge enlighten me along the path.

Chrysagon of Mir, your faithful Iron Brother.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The Ring of Winter

Artus Cimber's ring was ice cold to Miss Imogen's touch. She shivered despite the oppressive Chultan heat. She could feel something ancient stir within that called to her to place the ring on her own finger.

Miss Imogen had acted on impulse, seizing an opportunity as it presented itself to her. This will make my Uncle proud, she had told herself.

But now she held the ring in her hand. Who knew how long before its disappearance might be noticed? But then she felt it, chilling her with a beautiful terrible shiver. She slipped the ring on her finger, and felt the delicious chills writhe up her forearm.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Still resting, Rodrigo was cradling his crossbow on general watch. Upon hearing of the missing items he said:

"I know it's going to be a challenge with the mess left by the ghouls but... do you think there are usable tracks? *someone* took that chest, and it's raiders, looters, or survivors."

He noted Miss Immogen's quiet elation but thought nothing of it. She - unlike himself - had performed well in the battle. He didn't trust himself to deliver a lunge quite yet... but now he had an excuse. Before he was paralyzed... he had failed. He was too used to fighting human opponents, with predictable human reactions. Ghouls were not zombies, but they didn't move like humans either...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Miss Imogen's heart grew suddenly cold, and any feeling she had developed for her companions was utterly gone. In its place was a desire to destroy. In particular she felt a coldness toward Artus Cimber and wanted nothing more than to see his frozen corpse packed in ice, lying on the ground preserved.

Artus Cimber caught her staring at him with an icy glare and his face went pale. He looked down at his bare hand and then immediately back at her. He slowly reached for his dagger, while holding his other hand toward her, palm out.

[sblock=Imogen]First of all, roll a dc15 Charisma Saving Throw. Then roll Initiative. I don't usually use Init, but in this case it will be a contested Init to see who acts first: Imogen or Artus Cimber. Everyone else can go after they see what you and I post on that subject. If you fail the save and beat his [roll0], then I'll come back and post the abilities of the ring, which you are free to (and must) use against him. If you MAKE the save, and I kind of hope you do, Miss Imogen is free to do what she likes, including take the ring off, though she's safe enough to keep it on if you want. (Aside from the threat of Artus Cimber). If she makes the save she will surpress its influence (for now) and you can act however you like, wearing it or not.[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Suddenly, it was all so clear. Clear as ice.

Why had she not seen it before? Cimber, this man in front of her, wanted to hurt her. Desperately. She could see the fiery glare in his eyes, and she knew he had to be stopped. And she knew she could do it. His face contorted into a monstrous visage. This was the man who had imprisoned me, tortured me, for the past century, the nineteen-year-old woman told herself.

Miss Imogen had been right, of course. “Betrayal!” she shouts. “He has a knife!”. With a confident impulse, she pointed her fist at the monster before her and released a chilling gale that spread out before her.

[sblock=ooc]Cone of cold, on Cimber and, if possible, Dragonbait. Ideally, I do not want to hit any of the PCs, and I think we should be safe, if the others are cleaning up ghouls, or still prone. [roll0] cold damage, or half on dc17 con save. Certainly just getting Cimber should be possible by pointing out to the water, but I think the ring would want to get Dragonbait as well, and I am hoping it doesn’t,t take any of her friends. She will then move to gain distance from Dragonbait, jumping up if possible onto higher ground.[/sblock]

Remove ads