• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC Game [Pathfinder] Diabolical Plots

Masrenzrik

First Post
Oraia strides up to Fir's side. She unsheathes her blade and exclaims "Come taste my blade!"

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Initiative: +2
Perception: +6
Offense:
Greatsword: +3 atk, 2d6+3 dmg
Light Crossbow: +3 atk, 1d8 dmg

Defense:
AC: 17; Fort: 3, Ref: 2, Will: 5
HP: 11
CMB: 3, CMD: 15

Spells Prepared: 0: Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize. 1: Detect Evil, Protection from Evil.
[/sblock]

mazzoli

First Post
You gird yourselves for the approaching enemy that you can hear rushing through the trees. When it finally comes into view you are somewhat underwhelmed by the tiny floating orb that comes out of the trees. As it approaches, you can see that it apparently consists mostly of teeth. It heads straight for Fir, its maw gnashing and gnawing as it attempts (so far unsuccessfully) to get through his armor.

[sblock=GM]Sorry about being out of the loop for a couple of days. Got busy and then had to decide how I wanted to run this combat. I don't think we'll need a map for this one as long as the archers don't move too far into the trees to either side of the path.

The disposition is Fir and Oraia next to the enemy, everybody else a short distance back. (I think I've got that right)

The party is up. Enemy AC is 16 for those who wish to add hitty-killy or swingy-missy description as appropriate.[/sblock]

Mlwells

First Post
"Eeeee!" Teeth! Kill it! Kill it! Burn it with fire!" Lanalia cries out! "Watch your head now short-stuff," she says to the dwarf in front of her as she lets an arrow fly at the enemy. "Twang!"

The arrow scores a solid hit on the toothy ball o' teeth. Lanalia watches the arrow quiver in the enemy, her mouth slightly open in surprise...

"Wahoo!" The girl pulls another arrow out and places it on the bow string and slightly shifts her body to make it appear as small as possible behind the bristling dwarf.

[sblock="Mini Stats"]
Lanalia L'as
Initiative:+3 ...
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +4

Judgement 1/1
Orisons (infinity/infinity) - Spell Save DC 12
-acid splash
-bleed
-brand
-detect magic

1st level Spells (2/2) - Spell Save DC 13
-inflict light wounds
-interrogation

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow + (common) arrow

Conditions: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Surround it! Don't et's it get away!" Fir shouts as he side-steps to the creatures right and brings his axe around. His blow is well under the floating ball of teeth as it rolls (floats?) backwards from the arrow that just punctured it.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: attack
Move: none
Free: none
5' Step: yes (to the creatures side)[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini stats]
Firtargath
Initiative:+1 ...Perception: +1
AC: 20 (19 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 17 ...Current: 17
CMB: +3 (+5 overrun, +5 bull rush) CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
SQ: darkvision 60' +2 save vs spells, poisons, and spell-like abilities, +4 dodge bonus to AC vs. Giants
SA: +1 to hit orcs and goblinoids,

Current Weapon in Hand: dwarven waraxe and shield

Conditions: none

Consumables:
trail rations - 4 days
pitons - 4
potion: cure light[/sblock]

Last edited:

dave_o

Explorer
Din, Wooded Path

Narrowing his hidden eyes at the fluttering, gnashing ball of teeth, Din sifts his memory to try and draw up any knowledge of such a creature. Simultaneously he is fluttering down to ground level, spear in hand, with Toadkiller loping and growling beside him.

[sblock=OOC, Din and Toadkiller's Mini Stats]Din will try and keep the thing at 20 ft. and toss a spear at it, Toadkiller is going to haul ass toward it and try and attack with bite.

Din
Initiative: +10 Perception: +7 (low-light vision)

AC: 14 (12 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7 Current: 7
Fortitude: +1 Reflex: +2 Willpower: +5
Attack: spear, +2 to hit, 1d8 x3, 20 ft.

0/0/0/1/1
0th: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Detect Poison
1st: Obscuring Mist, Entangle

Toadkiller
Str: 13 Dex: 17 Con: 15 Int: 2 Wis: 12 Cha: 6
Initiative: +7 Perception: +3 (low-light vision, scent)

AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
Fortitude: +5 Reflex: +6 Willpower: +1
Attack: bite, +2 to hit, 1d4+1 x2

Skills: Perception 2 ranks
Feats: Improved Initiative
Tricks: Attack, Seek, Track, Stay, Heel, Come, Defend[/sblock]

Starman

Adventurer
What is that thing? Talys recited the words for mage armor and instantly felt more comfortable feeling the shimmering force field surrounding him. He took one step closer to the creature preparing to fling a spell at it.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Talys
Initiative: +6
AC: 12 (10 Flat Footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 8 Current: 8
CMB: -1 CMD: 11 Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: n/a

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic; 1st Level: [strike]Mage Armor[/strike], Summon Monster I; Special: Acid Dart [/sblock]

Masrenzrik

First Post
Oraia steps up to the creature and yells "Feel the bite of my holy blade you vile creature!"

[sblock=Mini stats]
Initiative: +2

Perception: +6

Greatsword: +3 atk, 2d6+3 dmg
[/sblock]

mazzoli

First Post
The creature gives up on getting through Fir's armor for the moment and launches itself at Lanalia, ignoring the fact that it is opening itself to any attacks and seemingly unperturbed by the blows it has taken so far. Despite the surprising offensive she manages to deftly avoid the bite of its tooth-filled gullet.
[sblock=Din]You realize that the creature is likely not natural at all and come to the conclusion that it is probably an outsider of some sort.[/sblock]
[sblock=GM]Anybody standing next to it gets to make an opportunity attack. By my count that's Fir, Oraia and Toadkiller. Party is up again.[/sblock]

Remove ads