[ic] Kore | Kingdom Of Harmony [terminated]

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Well thinks Rokuro. This is more of what I was expecting. This man needs a job done, but what's the ronin doing here. Perhaps he's more than he seems too..

"Charmed." He says aloud, in a calm voice. "And to what do we owe the attention of such a host?"

doghead

thotd
Nac Mac Feegle said:
"Charmed." He says aloud, in a calm voice. "And to what do we owe the attention of such a host?"

"Thank you for your kindness. I am expecting a couple more to join us so forgive me if I wait a little to explain my reasons for asking you here. Please have some tea and food. Its nothing really, but hopefully you will find something that you like.

Morimoto hesitates momentarily before continuing.

"I must apologise, but I would not wish to cause anyone offence by making a mistake. You are Rokuro-sama I think."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Mutsouru watches everything with a small degree of detached curiosity. An eclectic mix, and it is the foriegner that holds most of his minor interest. He is an oddity, and probably a dangerous one. He briefly considers checking the food for poison, but thinks it unlikely in such a setting. Who would want to kill such a trivial piece of fluff as Tetsune? Tetsune does not even bother to ask what has brought him here. He chats gregariously and samples all of the food.

In line with his judging of the situation as nonharzardous, he does not wear armor (his magics could easily disguise it), although Tezune of course carries his katana.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
"Yes I am Rokuro. I am honored that such a man as you should know the name of one so insignificant as I."

Politeness, more deadly than poison if used correctly.

"You spoke of others joining us, who might they be?"

This might be serious, if it requires many people. That he knows my name implies that he knows my function. What could he need me for that also requires others? My job is best accomplished alone. Or perhaps he is not so subtle, and merely requires the services of Rokuro the mercenary. Patience, time will reveal all.

doghead

thotd
"There was one more that I approached as I did ... "

The rest of what he was going to say is abandoned as there is a gentle knock at the door which slides open to emit another man. Like you, he carries a sword.

"Ah, Takagi-sama," says your host. "I'm glad you were able to make it. Let me get you some tea and introduce you to these fine gentlemen. Then we shall start."

***​

"Four years ago my nephew left Hakata to join the monastery of the Dragon Sons. We recieved a letter to say that he had arrived, and another to say he was well and doing well, then nothing. My nephew is not a thoughtful person, so this was not surprising for the first few years. But a year ago we sent a letter to the monestary but have received nothing satisfactory in return.

"My nephew's family and I are from the provence of Akizuki*. I visit Hakata twice a year. This time, before I left home, I promised my sister that I would take steps to find out where he is. An aquaintance of mine from Hakata was generous enough to help me with this. She suggested that I might want to talk to the three of you.

"What I am looking for is someone to visit the monestary to delicver a letter into the hands of my nephew. The monestary is lies about 3 days west of Hakata. I will of course provide you with funds to cover your expenses. My business take me to Saga next, from where I shall return to Hakata in about 10 days time. That should provide plenty of time to get to the monestary and back. Had the need to got to Saga not come up, I would be going to the monestary myself.

ooc: * to the east of Hakata.

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
There is a brief pause, and then Tezune throws back his head and laugh. "How could I turn down such an offer?" It's unclear whether he's sarcastic or not, but he seems to be in good spirits. He provides no further clarification, but instead takes a swig of tea.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Just trying to find a man in a monastary? Seems a little much for one... he looks up at the new arrival ...maybe two ronin and a mercenary. What does he suspect is going on here. Well, it seems that either way, the only way to find out is to do it.

"I would be delighted to offer my humble services."

Sketching a seated bow at his host, Rokuro turns to his now compatriot in arms.

"When will you be ready to leave?"

doghead

thotd
Takagi bows. Its the bow of a man familier with the ways of society. Not so slight as to be insulting or dismissive, but not so deep as to be obsequious. The perfect bow for a younger man, but of some standing of his own, to an older one.

"Morimoto-sama. Regretfully, I must decline. Although my heart does long to back out on the open road again, the timing is difficult. I have been offered an opportunity that has value to me beyond money. I trust that you will understand."

Morimoto nods in return. "Yes, I understand Takagi-sama. Indeed I had heard something of a new appointment and I wondered if it involved you.

"Please don't trouble yourself, for the task is quite straight forward and should provide no difficulties for even one man as capable as Rukuro-san and Tezune-san."

"In that case," Takagi san says, "I shall excuse myself and leave you to your discussions. Good afternoon gentlemen."

With superbly appropriate bows to each of Tezune and Rukuro, Takagi takes his leave.

doghead

thotd
After seeing Takagi out, Morimoto returns his attention back to you.

"Well its seems that you are keen to be on your way. Do not feel obliged to stay for dinner, although you are most welcome to do so Tezune-sama and Rukuro-sama."

From inside the front of his kimono he pulls two small packages wrapped in plain paper, and a small scroll case.

"This is the letter," he begins, hold out the scoll case. "It was written by the boy's grandmother. She is a most formidible old lady and I doubt my nephew has the courage to ignore her. I would like the letter to be put in his hands personally by you. If that is not possible, please return it to me. If for some reason, he is no longer at the monestary, I would dearly like to know where he has gone.

"In each of these," he continues holding out the two smaller, and heavier packages, "there is 40 iron pieces. It should be ample to cover your expenses for 10 days, which should be more than enough to make it to the monestary and back. Is that satisfactory?"

ooc: I altered the basic request slightly to: deliver a letter to his nephew and meet Morimoto back in Haraka in ten days. See #25 above.

Last edited:

Remove ads