IC - Mad King's Monkey

doghead

thotd
Bayer: "We're not done yet, so sit down and get the girl to fetch the stew. I've heard nought but hot air so far."

Kovic pauses and turns to look at Bayer.

"I am not going anywhere son. If you want to start something, you won't have any problems finding me. But first I am going I am going to get that stew. Then we are going to sort out this business with the potions. I have something to show you all.

"After that, I am all yours. Its been a while since I had to knock sense into someone."

Kovic waits long enough to see if Bayer intends anything. If not, Kovic heads off back to the bar.

[sblock=OOC]Going to pause there to see what Bayer wants to do.[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Bayar

Bayar pauses a moment. He aint running off when we're in his pub. Gotta come back... "In your own time old man. I've got all night, tomorrow and the rest of my life for you."

doghead

thotd
"In your own time old man. I've got all night, tomorrow and the rest of my life for you."

"Old man!" Kovic snorts as he turns and heads back to the bar, muttering something inaudible under his breath.

Some banging and clattering later, he returns with two bowls of stew which he places down in front of Sukri. That is quite a lot of stew. Sukri's eyes may have been bigger than his belly. Unless, of course, Sukri has a big belly.

That done, Kovic turns a drops a large coin purse in the table in directly front of Bayar. It lands with a heavy thump.

"Its all there. I ain't touched a cent of it. Count it if you wish. As I said to last man who came asking, no one is try to swindle anyone. We are honest people here"' he says, glaring in Bayar's direction. "We just ain't seen nor heard from Henri in ages. I offered to give it back then, but your man wouldn't take it. Said he wanted to talk to his Lordship the Chancellor."

Axel

First Post
Bayar

Bayar glances at the coin pouch, but leaves it where it fell. "Seein' as how his Lordship has much gold and less potions you must see why we're here. You're not that important. Tell us the story here. All of it."

The former soldier sits up straighter, taking some of the menace out of his manner. Having got to the point he wanted - making the barman talk - he was happy to give him enough rope to hang himself. Glancing to the serving girl he gestures for more beer. "Help Korvic out here a little love. It's hard to tell a good story without a mug."

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Libros winces at the exchange between Bayar and the innkeeper. And I thought I was bad with people he thinks to himself. He is still thinking how to smooth things over when the others chime in and calm things down a bit.

Electric Wizard

First Post
Sukri purses his lips, then grins, at Bayar's flat rejection of the gold. He takes a ceramic spoon from his belt and slurps at his first stew bowl. The meat head has some sense in that thick skull, he thought.

"Good stew, sir."

He eyes Kovic for any "tells" as he begins his story.

doghead

thotd
Bayar glances at the coin pouch, but leaves it where it fell. "Seein' as how his Lordship has much gold and less potions you must see why we're here. You're not that important. Tell us the story here. All of it."

Kovic visibly restrains himself from spitting out whatever response it was that first came to mind. A sensible man then. As men of the world, the five characters all know that you step carefully around those in the service of powerful men - unless you have nothing to lose or are in the service of a more powerful man yourself.

Kovic clears his throat and then shrugs his shoulders.

"There ain't much to tell that I didn't already tell the last man. 'Cept that Henri still has been seen around here in the days between then and now. I would have headed out to his place myself except that this being harvest time an'all I can't leave the tavern. Henri's place is a solid days journey there an'nother back again. Henri usually comes in every week or so to help out around the place and pick up a few things. But he ain't been seen over a month now.

"Laura", he says indicating the young women now holding fort at the bar having delivered Bayar his ale, "managed to convince Carl to let one of his boys take a couple of days off from harvesting an'go with her to the house a few weeks back. The woods are safe enough, but only a fool or a Ranger travels the wilds alone. But the house was empty. They left a note pinned to the door, but still we ain't heard anything since."

Kovic pauses for a minute. you can almost hear the gear of his mind turning.

"Seems to me you ought to head out there and have a look. I can provide you with provisions for the trip. Old Silo should be able to help you out with anything else you need." Kovic nods slowly.

"Yeap. Seems to me that would be the best thing to do. It would be appreciated an' all round here. Henri has helped out most of us at one time or'nother."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Having cleared his bowl, Eban decides to speak before the rough Bayer can anger the man any more. "I agree, visiting the place ourselves could do more than staying her and asking the same people the same questions. Before we go, a few more questions."

Pushing his plate away, Eban continues, "Did he act strange the last time he was here or say anything disturbing? Does he have any enemies or people that don't get along well with him? Has he ever done this before? And lastly, has anything else strange or unfamiliar happened recently? These type of things, if even remotely possible, may lead us to his whereabouts."

Eban then offers one more question, asking, "And what type of wares would Old Silo be able to offer us?"

Remove ads