Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

[section]Twist blanched at the putrid smell rising off the pond. He put down his backpack and pulled out a newly purchased waterproof bag and his snorkel. He placed his entire pack inside the waterproof bag, and attempted to leave as much air as possible in the bag yet still secure the top of the bag so that no water could get in. "Like a kind of an air pillow for buoyancy," Twist muttered. He picked up the bag containing his pack, and the snorkel, and went to stand beside the others. The water glinted darkly. Twist shuddered. "I hate swimming."[/section]
[sblock=Swim and Fortitude]Swim 1d20+1 = 3. Fortitude 1d20+0 = 12[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

HaileyNavarre_zpsf91b3661.jpg

Hailey stood looking at the stinky pond. She knew they were not in for a pleasant experience. At least her important stuff was doubly waterproofed and she hoped that would be good enough. Still not removing her hat, she pulled down on the brim to make it tighter on her head.

She looked at Twist as he got out the snorkel. “I don’t think you need that. We are going to be able to breathe the water from Joram’s spell.”

“Even so, Twitch, I agree with you, this is not going to be pleasant. We have to breathe in that stench filled water.”

With grim determination, Hailey started wading in.

[sblock=Rolls]Swim & Fort SV (1d20-1=18, 1d20+4=15)[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30 (20 with Backpack)
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14 (Chain shirt) , CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
HP 12; Current: 12
Conditions in effect: Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot
Grit: 3/3
Deeds: Gunslinger Dodge, Quick Clear, Up Close & Deadly

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

[section]Twist grasped his snorkel just that much harder and looked up at Hailey. "Ugh. I don't swim so good. I know we get water breathing and all, but I don't want to risk it. What if that putrid mess gets in my mouth? Maybe this bendy breath-y tube-y thing will help." Twist eyed the snorkel hopefully. Naively. [/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

HaileyNavarre_zpsf91b3661.jpg

Hailey glanced back at the rat-kin and shook her head. “I think getting the stuff in your mouth is probably inevitable. If we could swim on the surface, the water breathing spell would not be needed. Though, if you can hold your breath a long time…” The gunslinger was not holding her breath on that being a possibility.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30 (20 with Backpack)
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14 (Chain shirt) , CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
HP 12; Current: 12
Conditions in effect: Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot
Grit: 3/3
Deeds: Gunslinger Dodge, Quick Clear, Up Close & Deadly

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

You submerge and swim through an opening deep below the surface. You swim through the underwater cave to your destination. You surface at a cavern shore. Dampness hangs in the air of this cave, condensing into heavy moisture on the slick, stone walls. The calm, dark waters wind around to the east up north, along a stony, soot-scarred beach. A five-foot-high ledge sporting several stalagmites rises to the east, beyond which a low-ceilinged cave beckons. The foul-smelling air makes the eyes water in this cave. Olrich and Twist did not fair well in the swim and feel winded from the ordeal. Also, Olrich and Vandor feel sickened by their exposure to the tainted water. Everyone else seems fine. You clammer up onto the shore and quickly pull your equipment from its waterproofed container.

OOC: I need perception checks and initiative rolls from everyone, please.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Invis Castle is giving me a 503 error, and has been for a couple of days now. With your permission I'll just use the Enworld die roller)

Zeta pulls herself out of the water, brushing her hair out of her eyes and keeping low to the cavern floor as she does so. The dull red of her eyes is just visible in the gloom...reflected light, surely. Carefully, quietly she gets up to a crouch as she surveys the cavern...

Perception [roll0] and Init: [roll1]

G

Guest 11456

(OOC - Invis Castle is giving me a 503 error, and has been for a couple of days now. With your permission I'll just use the Enworld die roller)

Zeta pulls herself out of the water, brushing her hair out of her eyes and keeping low to the cavern floor as she does so. The dull red of her eyes is just visible in the gloom...reflected light, surely. Carefully, quietly she gets up to a crouch as she surveys the cavern...

Perception [roll0] and Init: [roll1]

Please use www.invisiblecastle.com for dice rolls with www.coyotecode.net as a backup.

coyotecode.net seems to be working.

[section]Twist's body shook with a wracking cough. The swim had been tough, and the ratling's glamour had worn off, revealing Twist to be a stunted creature with small beady eyes and a nose pointed enough to resemble a quasi-snout. Clearly miserable, Twist heaved himself up onto dry land and sat a moment to catch his breath. "I don't wanna do that again." The ratling eyed the dark pond with distaste.[/section]

Initiative 23 and Perception 9.

Remove ads