• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

[section]Twist's eyes went wide when he spied the body. He gazed a moment longer, his nose working overtime. If he had whiskers, they would twitch. Satisfied with what he saw, he turned around and carefully picked his way back to Zeta. When he reached her, he motioned for her to follow him back to the others. "There's a body. About 20' from where I stopped. Just where the cavern seems to narrow, too." The ratling cast a backward look at the "maw" of the cavern. "I think it's a trap. What if the body is bait? I'm good with traps. Maybe I could sniff around and make sure there's no trap by the body before everyone else goes into the cave?"[/section]
[sblock=OOC]Twist creeps back to the group, Stealth 1d20+11 = 24[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
"I suppose a waterproof bag might suffice," says Olrich to himself. "Hardly ideal, but the first one is probably a bit waterlogged and can be safely risked." With the others possibly dealing with an unfortunate member of a previous expedition, the mage draws his dagger and does his best to hastily empty the contents of the beetles bio-luminescent sacks into his now merely water resistant bag.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

HaileyNavarre_zpsf91b3661.jpg

Hailey suggested for Twist, “Just tie a loop in some rope, slip it over a foot and drag the corpse back here from a safe distance if we are worried its a trap.”

She thought the corpse was probably just a victim of the beetles, but who could really say for sure.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30 (20 with Backpack)
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14 (Chain shirt) , CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
HP 12; Current: 12
Conditions in effect: Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot
Grit: 3/3
Deeds: Gunslinger Dodge, Quick Clear, Up Close & Deadly

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

Graybeard

Explorer
Vandor

Vandor strained to see further into the cave.

"Twist, does it appear as if the victim was attacked or simply died of natural causes? Is it possible they died of a medical condition or hit their head?"

[section]"I dunno. I couldn't tell, not from where I watched." Twist bounced a beat, then made a decision. "Hang on, I'll go look." The ratling scurried off, back into the maw. He darted from column to column, creeping closer to the body until he was adjacent to it.[/section]
[sblock=OOC]Stealth 1d20+11 = 23, and Perception 1d20+8 = 19. Does Twist recognize the body? Is it Khonnir Bane? Does it look like the individual is really dead? If so, are there bite marks, stings, claw marks, stabs, burns, etc?[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Does Twist recognize the body? Is it Khonnir Bane? Does it look like the individual is really dead? If so, are there bite marks, stings, claw marks, stabs, burns, etc?

It is not Khonnir Bane. It looks like she is dead. She appears to be a female half-orc. (untrained heal roll 6) You cannot determine how she died. (knowledge local roll 27) Twist recalls that this is Parda Garr. Parda was a popular brawler in town, and she was one of those who traveled with several thugs into the caverns (second expedition). Almost everyone called her a friend, and many felt that her falling in with the thugs was going to be her end.

Shayuri

First Post
"There were other people who came down here before us," muses Zeta quietly. "Maybe one of them. Or one of the ones who stood against them."

She shifts forward a little, trying to get a better view of the body from her vantage point as they wait for Twist's return.

[section]Twist creeps back to the others. "It's the half-orc brawler. Some of you prollie know her. She fell in with a bad crowd and now she's dead. I'm not sure what killed her. No traps, though." The ratkin has the grace to look sheepish. "We could maybe just step over her."[/section]
[sblock=OOC]Twist quietly stalks back to the group. Stealth 1d20+11 = 18.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads