• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [IC] Paths of Legend: Resurrection

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"I'm all for leaving this place now," Peregrin whispers to Kowl, waiting for the dwarf to make a move to either engage in a fight or to flee the scene. "If all of the dead come crawling out, we will be overwhelmed. But it's your call. The woman is your kin -- sort of."

OOC: Perception check: 1d20+9=11+9=20 (invisiblecastle is offline, so I had to roll manually.)
By the way, if I wasn't clear in the post, my money is on running away.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Yeah, everything sort of hinges on Maldavos’s Kowl to come get the rest of us. And Voda Vosa told us he was on vacation until next week.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The ratkin is curled in front of the fire now, and sleepily listen to the conversation, with nothing to add. If the human wanted a place better than this one, little could his previous rest places interest her.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The Orc's Eye Tavern

The barkeep trudges upstairs to the small attic room where he lives. An eerie quiet settles over the place. Barstools and tables, bottle racks and ale mugs, all take on a disturbing quality when a place normally full of noise and people is empty and silent.

The Graveyard

Peregrin is certain the stone is the source of the strange energy animated the dead. He's also seen it before, or the type at least. Shadowstone. The material the monument to the heroes of the Shadow War was made from. The monument to his parents.

Kowl's eyes take on a determined glare as he pulls his weapons. His voice is steady, calm, and resolute as he speaks to Peregrin, though his attention remains focused on the rising dead, "Go. Take the stone back to the others. Find out what the hell is going on around here. I'll keep 'em busy as long as I can. GO!"

With that, he wades into the middle of the zombie horde like a dwarven hero from some forgotten legend.

JustinCase

Not waiting for the dwarf to change his mind, Peregrin dashes forward, grabbing the Shadowstone, and tumbles away from the clutches of the rising zombies. "I'll be back with help as soon as I can," the little monk shouts as he sprints away towards the Orc's Eye Tavern.

OOC: Do you require any rolls for these actions?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Donall Harkness, Human Ranger

BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Back at the Orc’s Eye Tavern, Donall had not fallen asleep yet, but was arranging his bedroll near the fire.

OOC: Just a short post while we wait for something to react to in the tavern.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +5 Perception: +5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 18(15ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Current Conditions in Effect: Quick Draw, Power Attack (-1 Att/+3 Dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 5/5 Remaining[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
As the others are beginning to nod off, Peregrin manages to make it back to the tavern, out of breath and spooked.

The odd stone in his hand glows with an eerie gray light that doesn't really illuminate but casts strange shadows all the same.

JustinCase

"Kowl is in danger!" Peregrin does not waste any time on elaborate explanations as he yells for the others to wake up and help him. "Come on, he's being attacked in the graveyard and we need to help him! Hurry!" The halfling rushes from one nearly sleeping person to another, and even some he does not recognize, rousing them and urging all to come to the aid of the dwarf.

Remove ads