• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Location: Warehouse Basement; Encounter: Hobgoblin Command Staff

End Round Four; Begin Round Five

GM:
[sblock=Party (PCs)]
Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
Angis (J16) PP14* AC14 HP 0/31 (Dying!) HD 2/3
Dandin (O9) PP14 AC14 HP 16/18 HD 3/3
Enseth (K16) PP14 AC20* HP 20/22 HD 0/3
Titus (J9) PP11 AC18* HP 18/27 HD 1/3
Tommi (C17) PP14 AC14 HP 13/21 HD 3/3
[/sblock]
[sblock=Allies (NPCs)]
Averiel (N10) PP15* AC14 HP 9/27 HD 2/3
Ganalan (T10) PP11* AC14 HP 13/13 HD 0/2
Tarthagal (P8) PP15* AC13 HP 22/22 HD 2/3
Morwin (I10) PP15* AC12 HP 5/5
ORB3 (K19) PP13* AC11 HP 1/1[/sblock]
[Sblock=Enemies (BGs)]
*General Shorgg (K17) HP less 61 (Dying)
Aasha (G12) HP less 2
Captain1 (K15) HP less 10
Captain2 (I9) HP less 20
*Hobgoblin Thug1 (L9) HP less 38 (Dead)
*Hobgoblin Thug2 (L10) HP less 32 (Dead)
*Goblin1 (AM9) HP less 10 (Dead)
*Goblin2 (Off Map) HP less 3
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map] Shorgg5.png
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin was worried indeed. He'd done his best to distract the hobgoblin, but now Averiel was injured as well. It was time to finish this fight so they could make their escape.

"Averiel! There'll be more coming! You two please take care of our escape route. We'll finish up here and make our escape!"

Then he was off, rounding the corner he came up behind the captain beating on Enseth and stabbed clumsily with his rapier. He'd just noticed Angus on his back with a grievous wound, and missed his mark in his surprise.

"Angus! Hold it together! We're almost done here!"

He sent a little healing magic to the dwarf, feeling his last bit of potential fade away.

OOC: Rapier: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
1D8+2 = [2]+2 = 4
Maybe I should have used the help action?

Healing Word: [roll0]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Interlude 2

Theggar Grynn of Thay sat in his room, reading a coded note from one of his Sword Coast spies. All was proceeding according to plan. He scratched his bald head, noting that his hair was growing back through his tattoos. He heard a soft tapping at the door. A goblin was too afraid of him to properly knock, which is just how he liked it. He waved his hand toward the door and a spectral hand pulled it open.

"Uh, mistah wizurd... Chef tol' me ta getcha." stammered the goblin, cowering.

"And what does the Chef want of me?" asked the Red Wizard. He did not expect a meal for an hour, and his instructions had been very explicit.

"Uh... we hurd noises in th' cellar?" answered the goblin, even more unsure of himself than before.

"Has there been an alarm?" sighed Theggar, already tiring of the guessing game.

"Naw. But he tinks thars a fight." said the goblin.

There were often fights in a goblin war camp. The red wizard eyed the goblin, who shrunk back under his gaze. "A fight in the cellars. Any idea who is fighting? Why has there been no alarm?"

The goblin shrugged to both questions.

"Go and find out what is going on, and I will prepare myself to join you." the Red Wizard ordered. He was in no hurry, but he picked his wand up off of his desk and cast a spell, covering himself in a shimmering armour. He went to a shelf and grabbed a scroll-case.

"This better be something more than just a few squabbling goblins!", he thought to himself as he headed for the door.

Fradak

Explorer
Social Engineering Advice: Destroy enemy moral - Flatter his ego - Instigate hope.

Enseth quickly turns toward the Captain who was desperately trying to bypass his defenses.
"Everything is lost. Your General is dead and the Host will disband. You fought with honor until the end. Now, be smart. Drop it and you'll live to fight another day."

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
3:05 PM
Round 5

Angis grunted as the sword went into his gut. He fell back, landing solidly on his bum, clutching at his guts to keep them inside. His mouth moved soundlessly, almost like a fish, and bloody fingers fumbled for the healing potions at his belt.

"Angus! Hold it together! We're almost done here!"

Who? Dandin. Yes. Angis blinked against his narrowing vision.

And the he felt the heat of healing magic. He took a sudden breath again. Retrieving his axes and standing, Angis cast his own spell to help cure his injuries further.

Cure Wounds: 1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 8/31 HD: 2/3d10+2

Bolts: 15
Bolts used:

Spells
1) 1/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
428 gp (Dandin)
Boots of Striding and Springing (Tommi)
Cloak of the Wolf (Dandin)
Electrum brooch, 200 gp (Titus)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi springs fron his hiding spot, and rushes towards the dying general. As he approaches, he makes a leap over the corpse, landing just on the other side. Is it a corpse? He takes a quick look down. The leader of these fighters still appears to breath, he thinks.

He sees a fierce creature in the middle of the room, and knows there is no time to hide. There is still a hobgoblin captain menacing his friends, and he turns his attention there, as he catches ORB3 out of the corner of his eye.

He whizzes a stone at the towering hobgoblin, holding his breath as he sees if it hits.

OOC: Move and Bonus action (dash): to L17 (on the far side of Shrogg).
Attack: vs K15 (Captain 1). To hit: [roll0] (and, if Orb is helping, the better of that and [roll1]. If a hit, damage = [roll2].
Skirmisher ready as a reaction, to move into the clear (but hopefully still adjacent to Shrogg).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Enseth & Tommi vs Captain1 & Aasha

Enseth reported the likelihood of defeat to the hobgoblin captain, who replied, "Naw. Now I am General when I kill the man who killed Shorgg!" and he stepped around the shield guardian to get at Tommi, who had come to inspect the fallen general.

Seeing him coming, Tommi jumped away and slung a stone that struck the hobgoblin right between the eyes. His dark eyes rolled back, showing whites, and he fell to the ground dead, with no chance of promotion.

At that moment, the Hobgoblin archer came around the pillar she was using for cover, and she shot two arrows at Tommi. He was able to duck one, but the other struck him in the arm and he felt two of his fingers go numb.

GM: Just Titus to go [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]. I'll do Dandin and Angis healing then.
Oh, I guess Enseth only spoke, so he can have a full turn if you want, [MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION].
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Captain1 16 (Dead);
(PCs) Tommi 6; (NPCs) None
[Sblock=Notes]
Aasha vs Tommi
Attack: 1D20+5+1D4 = [12]+5+[3] = 20
1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6
1D20+5+1D4 = [1]+5+[1] = 7
1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4

[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Oh I should mention, the General is bleeding badly and it looks like he will die if he doesn't get medical attention. It doesn't seem likely that the hobgoblins can give him any unless they defeat you first. It also leaves you the option of taking him prisoner, should you beat them soon and want to do that.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Does that make me General now?" laughed Tommi at Aasha, trying not to show pain. "Stand down, and I your general will let you live."

Last edited:

Remove ads