D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Trail to Julkoun/Laughing Hollow
Morning
Round 0

Angis looked around. Even though he spend a lot of time in forests, and knew them well, there was just something about a forest that didn’t sit right with a dwarf. The terraced stone of the quarry was what sang in his blood, the side of the mountain methodically and carefully chiseled away.

The vegetation was thick, though the path was still relatively clear since the forest was so young. “Eyes peeled,” he told the others as he moved a small log from the path of the cart. One would be a fool to trust fey. Best to be through here as quickly as possible.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0150.html

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 22/22 HD: 2/2d10+2

Bolts used:

Spells
1) 2/2 Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Snake of Trees - tabaxi sorcerer outlander
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi has a pebble in his boot. He sits on the ground to fish it out, then puts it in his pocket for later use. He then hurries a few steps to catch up with the cart.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Orb1 flew away over the trees. By the time it returned just over two hours later, the Daggerfordians had travelled down the steep sides of the hollow and were working their way eastward. The young forest was lush with growth, but it was exceedingly flat and had once been chris-crossed with dwarven mining trails. Much of the ground of these trails was packed so hard that only plants with very shallow roots had grown up, and they were easily pulled and thrown aside. Many were short enough that Dandin was able to drive the cart over them.

From Orb1's report, Enseth was able to calculate that the group could reach the Elf encampment before nightfall, if they wanted to parlay, or they would have to chose to turn northward or southward to avoid it. The river was about ten miles to the south, but it would wind northward not far from the encampment. To travel south now would mean passing relatively close to the camp in the morning (while following the river). Enseth calculated that the safest path to avoid the elves was to veer northward. On the other hand, this would mean either climbing out of the Hollow and travelling along a relatively narrow ridge, (which might prove difficult for the cart), or following the ridge along its bottom, with a wall of stone on their left.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Evening
Round 0

Angis considered their options after Orb reported. “We want t’ appear non-threatenin’,” he said. “I say we veer off north well away from the camp, run along the quarry wall with guid, solid stone at our back.”

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Bolts used:

Spells
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Um, I'm non-threatening," volunteers Tommi as he rejoins the conversation.

"And I'm happy to help with the negotiations as best I can," he adds. A simple grin comes across his face,as the throws up his hands. "I'm pretty good at talking to get what i want."

It's a convincing argument.

Fradak

Explorer
"On the other hand, the Elves might have some informations about the goblin-host, their forces and intentions. They could give us some supplies and advises.

Or, well... kill us. I mean, kill you. As I can't die."

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"I speak elven, might be worth the effort to have a chat with them, maybe do some trading and exchange information. Maybe they'd know why we haven't heard from Julkoun in so long. Not to mention, it'd be nice to have somewhere safe to sleep for the night."

eayres33

Explorer
Snake listened to the others as they talked, “I like the plan where we talk to the elves, I like elves, they are slightly more feline looking than humans and dwarves. “

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Evening
Round 0

Angis sighed, looking at the others. It looked like he was getting outvoted. “Bluidy elves,” the dwarf muttered. “Foine. But dunnae come t’ me t’ pull arrows out o’ yer arse.”

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Bolts used:

Spells
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
[/sblock]

Remove ads