D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Fradak

Explorer
Watching doubtfully Angis talking to an elk, Enseth checked his infallible memory and came to a conclusion: nobody told him that this mission was about gamekeeping or wildlife conservation.

When the Owlbears attacked, two options were available. The safest cours of action would have been to let natural selection do his work and move on. Quietly if possible.
Hurling missiles to the creatures will certainly provoque hostile reactions. For some obscure reasons, the second option was selected.

Hoping none of his companions will be disabled trying to save an elk from predators, Enseth opens his javelins rack and targets the Owlbears.
"ORB1, engage"
OOC:
ORB1: Help and evade.
Bonus Action: Shield of Faith (AC 21)
Movement: L9
Action: Throw Javelin at Owlbear (L3):
2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [19, 11]+5 = 24
1D6+3 = [6]+3 = 9

Reaction: If hit (21-25), Shield.

[sblock=Statblock]HP: 14/14 HD: 2/1d8+1d6
AC: 19 (21 Shield of Faith, 24 Shield, 26 both)
PP: 14
=============
Arcane Devices: Tier 1: 3/3
Concentration: Shield of Faith
War Priest: 2/2
Arcane Recovery: 1/1
=============
Setup
Darts: 20/20
Javelins: 3/5
Caltrops: 100/100
Health Potions: 0
Coins: 198 gp, 9 sp.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Angis & Enseth

Angis rushed forward and threw an axe at the owlbear on the back of the Elk, but his throw went wide. After a moment of calculating, Enseth stomped up behind him, sending ORB1 flying about the creature's head. Enseth launched a javelin at the same owlbear and the metal shaft struck it in the side, it hooted in pain - a strange sound.

Owlbear1

The other owlbear went down on all fours and lumbered quickly toward Enseth, it slashed its claws along his shield as it passed him and clamped its beak down hard on Angis' left arm, lifting the dwarf of the ground and shaking him about.

GM: (I'm toying with my "who's gone' format)
[sblock=Rolls]
Attack: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17
2D8+5 = [1, 7]+5 = 13
Owl1 vs Enseth
Attack: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19
1D10+5 = [9]+5 = 14
Owl1 vs Angis
[/sblock]
Damage: (BGs) Owlbear2 9; (PCs) Angis 14! (Ouch)

tglassy

Adventurer
Titus ran in to the owlbear on the right, swinging as Morwen distracted it.

[roll0] or [roll1] with adv from Morwen’s help.

Damage [roll2]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Titus & Morwen

Morwen the Tressym left Titus' coat and flew up into the air above the giant Elk. The winged cat dove into the face of the owlbear hanging off of the side of the majestic creature and clawed with all four paws. Titus sprinted to catch up, and leaping into the air, slashed a long gash into one of the Owlbear's hanging legs.

The Elk

As the owlbear hooted in pain from Titus's slash, the enormous Elk bucked and the owlbear fell to the ground as ORB1 and Morwen scattered into the air above. Then the Elk nimbly leaped into the air, and came down hard on the owlbear with its rather large hooves. The owlbear was battered and bloodied, but it rolled to the side and came to its feet, roaring with its large beak wide open.

GM:
Rolls: Elk vs Owlbear2
Attack: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
4D8+4 = [2, 7, 1, 5]+4 = 19

Damage Taken:
(BGs) Owlbear2 11 & 19

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Just Dandin and Snake to go, then we can move along! I will move along tomorrow regardless. Oh, Drui hasn't gone either! [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION]? You around?

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Drui, Dandin, & Snake

The poor Donkey pulling Dandin's cart had done so well when the Orcs had rushed past her, but the smell of Owlbears was just too much. She brayed and pulled hard at the reins, nearly driving the cart over Drui's feet as she tried to turn it around to flee. Dandin struggled to keep her calm and Snake grabbed onto the side of the cart as it threatened to roll with the sharp turn.

Owlbear2

The owlbear under the Elk and nearest to Titus finished its roar and backed away under the trees. It did not flee, but instead stood watching as if it were considering charging back into the fray at any moment.

OOC: Okay, I'm finishing the round. We missed the potential attacks of three PCs, so I'll just have the other owlbear disengage for the moment.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Encounter: The Elk and the Owlbears

Begin Round Two

GM:
[sblock=Daggerfordians]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Angis (L7) AC14 HP 8/22
Dandin (L14) AC14(16) HP 13/13
Drui (K16) AC16* HP 18/18
Enseth (J9) AC19* HP 14/14
Morwin (L2) AC12 HP 5/5
ORB1 (M3) AC11 HP 1/1
Snake (M16) AC16 HP 14/14
Titus (L4) AC18* HP 20/20
Tommi (M13) AC14 HP 15/15
[/sblock]

[Sblock=Creatures]
Giant Elk (H2J5) HP less 15
Owlbear1 (J7K8)
Owlbear2 (Q2R3) HP less 39
[/sblock]

OOC: Sigh. I still can't post pictures.

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Alive and kicking! Got a relative on surgery, been quiet for the last few days, but I'm back. Sorry, guys!]

Drui holds on to his hammer, raising the weapon and charging down against the first owlbear, his thoughts set on helping his warforged companion.

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=198765
1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=198766
1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7

As the hammer descends, he cries the name of his god, striking true and relentless. He glances at Enseth, studying his general state. "You good?" - he cries.

Remove ads