D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Dryad smiled at Angis and replied, "I have two requests if you are inclined: There is a storyteller who makes his living in Joulkoun by telling tales at the Jester's Pride. He goes by the name of Findledan. If he is alive and imprisoned by the goblins, I would like you to rescue him. If not, I would like to know of his fate. My final request would be, if it is not too much trouble, would be for you to come and visit me whenever you pass this way. I am bound to this tree and I cannot leave these woods. So it has been for many centuries. I enjoy tales of the outside world. Findledan will sometimes visit me, perhaps you could as well, or in his stead, if he is unable."

During this time the prisoners had roused and somewhat recovered, they had been quietly speaking with Drui, and the dwarf reported, "We got a lot more prisoners to rescue. They've got 'em in a warehouse, and a few in the ol' Mill. The people of Julkoun need rescuing before the gobo's finish 'em all."

tglassy

Adventurer
Titus speaks to the Dryad in Sylvan, assuming the creature to know the language.

”Thank you for your hospitality. We will indeed endeavor to visit again.” He tilted his head inquisitively. “Is there a way to allow you to leave this forest? Planting a seed from your tree elsewhere, perhaps?”

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi listens as the dryad speaks, and flatters himself that he is included in those that are invited to return. He is not a storyteller, not much of one at least, but he would very much welcome the opportunity to return.

Preparations are being made to continue to harrass the goblins, to rescue more prisoners. H wants to be part of that; he thinks he can help. But he wants to be sure the ones they've rescued will be safe.

"Are the prisoners in ongoing danger? Do we need to take them back to safety? Or will they be able to manage on their own?"

He asks this outside of their earshot, or so he hopes.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin came back as the others were discussing their problem and his expression changed from cheerful wonder to troubled concentration as he heard the topic of discussion and sighed sadly.

"Well I've sent a message to Sir Isteval, I think... I asked a little bird to tell him what we're up to, in any rate. I guess we'll have to make one detour before heading back. My only question is... Once we save all these people how are we going to get them all to safety?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Averiel pledged, "If we can rescue the townsfolk, all we need to do is to take them across the river. King Melandrach will grant them asylum in the Misty Forrest, or at least grant them protection while they are taken to Daggerford."

One of the prisoners, who had been badly beaten by the goblins but was recovering well, said, "M'name's Talrich. I'ma Stonelayer, an' I've done work in the cellars, see? Julkoun was built where wot there used t'be a castle, an' unner it is the cellars. Mostly they're used by the 'Pride - beg yer pardon - the Jester's Pride. The Inn. At enny rate, I've done work down there, and I kin show ya. Wot I mean is, I know a way in. Jus' south of the Flint (that's th'other li'l hill we got around here) the cellars cross the moat. It's a secret. From above it looks like some driftwood wot got stuck in th'moat. But it's a bridge! A covered bridge that leads t'the cellars. The gobbo's prolly don' even know of it."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin nodded as he listened to the elf and the man. He contemplates for a moment and then smiles again. "I say we do that then! Maybe with luck, we can get in before we're noticed and be able to get them out again! That said, it might be best to get the rest of you out of harm's way! If we fail, I'd rather it not be for nothing."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Having agreed to at least attempt to rescue the other prisoners of Julkoun, the Daggerfordians and their allies made their way south along animal trials through the forest. Then they worked their way along the treeline, heading east for several miles, before climbing along the large hill known as the Flint.

"Th' gobos had want'd us ta dig 'em sum good stone t'fortify the town with." said Talrich the stonelayer, "But we led 'em too far north. The stone unner th'Bump is not half as good as the stone here in th'Flint. Our best quarry is here, but ya can't see it from town. O'course, when we started pullin' up useless rocks, they started to beatin' us. But still, we did our best to not give 'em anything."

The proud Julkounian showed the group the way to the quarry, and they worked their way down its slopes and along the hidden paths that led to the eastern road.

"I see. The quarry is not hidden by design, but just as a result of the lay of the land." remarked Averiel, "This road, on the other hand, will be watched by the goblins. Follow me."

She led the group back a ways, up the hill and over a ridge until they arrived, unseen, on the north side of the town.

JulkounEnvirons.png

OOC: I will return with a closer-up map as to where you are. Feel free to add anything you wish to that trip.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin grinned as the stonelayer described their trickery. It was an impressive ruse and forced the green skins not only to track farther for stone, but also to settle for poorer resources. He took the opportunity to shake the man's hand, saying; "I love a good ruse and this was genius! Now let's go save those people!"

Remove ads