D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Did the spectral snakes damage me? And if they did, can I use my reaction to cast Hellish Rebuke on the goblin Shaman? The wording of the spell is ambiguous, it just says "a creature who damaged you". If so, I'd like to do that as his reaction to getting hit, dealing [roll0] on a failed Dex save. Half on a success. DC 11.

If they did NOT damage me, or I am otherwise unable to target the Goblin with that reaction, then I have another plan.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC:
Did the spectral snakes damage me? If they did NOT damage me then I have another plan.
You would have been dying at the time, and would have failed another death save because of it, so I had Ganalan save you. He pulled you out of the area before "the start of your next turn", so you didn't take anything from them. Anyway, you're awake now, lying on the ground, and your sword is on the ground near the Giant Viper. I should have put it on the map, but y'know.

Fradak

Explorer
Enseth looked back at his wounded friends. His remaining eye could barely see trough the smoke coming from his armour corroded by the acid attacks. All his tactical algorithms were advising to take cover, but his main purpose was to protect.

"I'll hold them as long as possible. Goodbye." said the Shield Guardian standing his ground to prevent the serpents to reach his comrades.

The other shoulder opened and a new volley of projectiles flew toward the Shaman.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Julkoun
Afternoon
Round 7

“Bluidy ‘ells, when did this turn intae a roight proper cock up?” Angis muttered as he rushed toward the other fight, throwing two handaxes at the giant viper, drawing another axe to replace them. Unfortunately, it was too far and the axes flew beyond the snake.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move: To M8
Free Object Interaction: Draw another handaxe
Action: Attack Giant Viper 1 at Disadvantage for range
Handaxe throw disadvantage: 2D20.LOW(1)+4 = [17, 4]+4 = 8
1D6+2 = [5]+2 = 7

Bonus Action: Attack Giant Viper 1 at Disadvantage for range
Handaxe throw disadvantage: 2D20.LOW(1)+4 = [18, 4]+4 = 8
1D6+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 24/31 HD: 3/d10+2

Bolts: 15
Bolts used:

Spells
1) 3/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Titus’ eyes snapped open, only this time, the dread of Death was gone. He sucked in a breath, steeling himself against the pain.

Then his blood runs cold with ice his irises turning a frosty blue. Frost spread along his body and gear, creating an armor of sorts.

He stood, feeling better. He eyed his sword, and briefly wondered if he could reach it.

OOC: Bonus action: Second Wind [roll0]
Action: Armor of Agathys.

HP is now 21.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi watches Enseth as he fires another series of bolts past the serpent and around the corner. Is it courage, he asks himself, that makes him stand before the serpent so resolutely? It must be -- whatever else, Enseth continually puts himself in danger, without question.

Would that I had that fearlessness, Tommi thought to himself. The young man loaded a bullet and flicked it towards the viper.

OOC: Attack: [roll0] to hit. If successful damage = [roll1] (including SA from Enseth).

Tommi moves forward and tries to kick Titus' sword back to him.

OOC: Move forward to X8. Skirmisher ability ready if anyone ends turn adjacent to me.
OOC:

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Things were looking very dire indeed as Enseth turned to face the onslaught of the magical snakes and the giant serpent for one last time. He had calculated his odds of survival as very low indeed, but they rose quickly as his allies came to his aid. Dandin confused the giant snake with his hissing mockery, long enough for Tommi to strike it dead with a well-placed stone. The young Daggerfordian kicked Titus' sword over to the nobleman as Titus rose to his feet, shaking off his brush with death. Titus reached down and picked up the blade, somehow coating himself in a layer of ice.

At that point, Enseth's missiles struck the goblin shaman again and again, and she covered her head wailing and began to run as her spectral snakes disappeared. Tarthegal let loose two arrows as she tried to dive for cover behind the well. She was too slow and they struck her in the back and she fell dead on the ledge of the well, her feet dangling out of the well and her head dangling into it.

Angis threw two axes over Enseth's head and while they skidded across the ground of the well-room without harming anyone, still they had their effect: The remaining two goblins threw down their slings and begged for mercy, cowering behind their bunks.

End of Encounter

OOC: For the record, I rolled all of that, but I decided to save myself some time cutting and pasting.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
It was so intense a moment that the sudden comparative silence stunned Dandin. He looked about the room and wondered at their haggard, but victorious group. The fight had cost them more than anticipated, but they had also bested a powerful foe. He wondered at Titus's new icy armor and lfrowned as he noticed Enseths chipped eye.

"This will be a tale for the tavern back home!" The halfling exclaimed, hoping to lighten the mood.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi works his way towards the well, ignoring the two surrendered goblins. They weren't even in the fight, as far as he knew, and he was not yet knowledgeable enough about their tendencies of betrayal. He'd shared a cell with a goblin once, and it had had the poshest human accent he had ever heard. Funny he should think of him now, he thought, remembering Sheren's laughter as their warder that week, listening to the goblin's ridiculous enunciations as it described the surroundings of the single Daggerford cell.

He stalked towards the well, and pulled the shaman out of it. He was wary, lest this was a ruse or an illusion. But he wanted to make sure that she was dead. A quick search turns up whatever she is carrying.

Fradak

Explorer
"Damage report."
"Brzztzz."
"Yeah, that's comprehensive."

Checking the perimeter and studying the two goblins, Enseth conclude: "Clear of hostile."

Then the Shield Guardian collected delicately ORB2 pieces before he put them in his chest compartment.

Last edited:

Remove ads